Monday, March 11, 2013

From Pug-a-boo! Remembering Pugnacious P! (part 2)

When I think about Payton, inevitably I remember how crazy she was about food.

 
Many of you may recognize this photo as Payton's Blogger profile pic.  It was taken on a sunny day in St. Louis when Tim and I took our girl to The Boathouse in Forest Park for lunch by the water and then a romp in the fields by the Museum of Art.  It would have been the perfect day for an ice cream cone.  Like the time we made a special treat for Payton.
http://pugnaciousp.blogspot.com/2011/06/cone-destroyer.html

She was always a happy pug eating out with us...or eating in with us too...she wasn't picky.  Here's a post showing P's normal spot during meal times, regardless of our location.
http://pugnaciousp.blogspot.com/2011/10/under-table.html 

I can't recall too many times that she wasn't in the kitchen with me when I was messing around.  She was the best sous chef I could ask for.  And of course during clean up after eating, so would always do her part to make sure no crumbs were left behind in the dining room.
http://pugnaciousp.blogspot.com/2011/12/wordless-wednesdaypatroling-dining-room.html

Payton was never to proud to beg.  She would paw at us and bark trying to convince us to share.  I know that she would have thought about sticking out her tongue at us when we didn't give her a nibble, just like in this post.

I think you will all agree with me that this video, and Payton's "focused" eyes, show just how much she loved food.


There's no doubt she had it good, but I do wish we had given in to her a bit more.  She deserved it.  :-)

Love,
Christy  

No comments: