Thursday, March 28, 2013

From Pug-a-boo! Pugnacious Keepsakes!

Late spring of last year, I took the plunge into sorting through Payton's stuff.  It was tough, maybe I started too soon.  I became overwhelmed and had to stop and so I still have much to do.  There are so many great photos, memorable things, and thoughtful keepsakes that deserve a prominent display in our home.  I'd like to share some of these treasures with you.  

But not all of these treasures are tangible objects. There was the Remembering Payton Tour.  In 6 or 7 months, we went to Austin, Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Chicago, Indianapolis, Herndon, St. Louis, Vancouver, Seattle, Molalla, San Francisco, New York City, and Toronto.  There are still wonderful pugs and people in other parts of the country that we didn't get to see, but I can't thank each person and each pug we did meet for all the hospitality and kindness.  Traveling, especially often, can be very stressful, but it helped me at a time when I desperately needed to enjoy something.  I will never forget the experiences, the lunches, the special talks in the car, walks in the forest, the personalized welcome and photos, the pink roses, the distance that some traveled to say hi.  So many memories.  All photos from the Tour are on Face Book.

Another intangible item that helped me was joining Face Book and the Pug Sluts group.  I can't tell them enough how much being able to scroll through those posts at anytime saved me.  I needed a distraction from the pain I was feeling and this group delivered.  It helped me to let time pass and not dwell on sadness all day and night.

Through Face Book, it was fate that I met a woman who had lost two pugs to PDE.  I had been thinking about a tattoo and it turns out she is a very talented artist.


It's a simple piece on my right wrist where I can see it all the time.  It has so much meaning for me and even more special to have had it done by someone who has similar scars.

After Payton passed, I was blown away by all of the love sent our way.  Seriously, all of the thoughts, prayers, blog tribute posts, blog comments, texts, emails, cards, donations in Payton's honor, and other gifts were so touching.  Here's a collage of just a few of them.


A friend helped edit and fix a few photos so I could order the pendants/necklaces in the upper right corner.  I've never been one to wear much jewelry but I do put these on quite often.

Of course, we also have Payton's ashes.  They are in a nice wooden box and the lid is a frame for a photo.  I need to put one in there.  I haven't had the courage to look inside yet, but I know that day will come eventually.

Once I have everything properly framed and displayed I promise to send pictures.  I have lots of shadow boxes to fill up with some of Payton's favorite things and wonderful keepsakes.  I tried to thank everyone last year, but if I missed anyone, please accept my apologies.  And thank you again...you each know who you are.  I am lucky that Payton led me to so many great friends.

Love,
Christy

3 comments:

World of Animals, Inc said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful post. The Payton tattoo looks very beautiful. He was such a big part of your life. We hope you have a wonderful rest of your week.
World of Animals

Poppy More said...

Hi there,

Thank you so much for the post you do and also I like your post, are you looking Buy Healthy Pugs in the whole USA? We are providing Order Cute Pug Online, Buy Pug for cheap price Online, Buy Pug for sale Online, Buy Different breed of Pugs online, cute pug puppies, pug breed dog, black pug puppies for sale, little pug for sale, black pug price, black pugs for sale, small pug dog, buy a pug, Chinese pugs for sale, toy pug puppies, small pug breeds, real pugs for sale, pure breed pug puppies, adorable pug for sale, pug puppies for sale in usa, buy pug puppy, lack pug dog price, pug dog puppy price, Buy Pug for cheap price Online in the world with the well price and our services are very fast.

Click here href=" "https://pugbreeddogz.com/health-guarantee/"> title=” Pug for sale online | Pug for online | Canadian Pug | Buy Pug online"
MORE DETAILS......
Contact us at: +1 (817) 398-3135
Email: info@pugbreeddogz.com

Duct Cleaners Irvington said...

Loved reaading this thank you