Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My first award!

First I'd like to thank the Academy...oh, wait....wrong award.  A girl can dream, right?  In all seriousness, I'm so honored that the ladies at Southern Fried Pugs choose me to receive the Versatile Blogger Award, or shall I say "Versy" for short!


But what I don't get is that I now have to list seven things about my mom!  I mean this is MY blog, right?  Sheesh!  But since rules are rules, here it goes:
  1. My mom loves, loves, loves to cook and bake.  I keep applying to be her official taste tester, but she only takes me up on that offer once in a while.  But lucky for me she has made my birthday cakes/treats for the last couple of years and they are super tasty.  And don't worry, just cause I'm grain-free now, doesn't mean she's off the hook next birthday!  Guess she'll have to get creative, huh?
  2. My mom has a major sweet tooth.  I think ALL of my teeth are food teeth.  Sometimes I think she rivals my love of food when cinnamon rolls, doughnuts, chocolate cake, ice cream, and the like are around.
  3. My mom and dad are high school sweethearts and got married while in college.  They both majored in physics but at separate universities in the same town.  Mom tells a story about how dad went to class for her one time when she was sick.  Awww!
  4. My dad out-smarted my mom in high school by one class.  He was salutatorian (2nd) and mom was 3rd in the class.  Maybe mom spent too much time practicing routines for the Pom-Pon squad.  But mom out did dad in college by double majoring in physics and computer science.  Although to be fair, she says she doesn't really remember any of it.  Neither one of them used the physics...Dad is in finance (actually getting his MBA now) and mom was an Information Systems Engineer at a non-for-profit company that provides technical advice to the government.  Of course, now it's safe to say that both are experts in Pugology.
  5. My mom is an Air Force brat.  She was lucky and didn't have to move as much as others.  She was born in the DC area, then lived in San Antonio TX, then Charleston SC, and finally near St. Louis MO.  Her dad, my Gampy, retired as a Chief Master Sergent while stationed at Scott Air Force Base which is why the family is still in Mascoutah IL. 
  6. My mom is terrified of tornadoes and has recurring nightmares about them.  This started even before she was in "Tornado Alley".  She has no idea what happened to cause this irrational fear since she really hasn't been near one before.
  7. My mom is a fan of Monet's paintings.  The 2nd most prevalent things on the walls of our home (aside from tons and tons of pictures of me!) are Monet prints.  Landscapes with flowers in the living room and sailboats in the dining room.
Ok, so now I must pass on the award to other deserving bloggers... seven to be exact.  I wish I could list all of the blogs that I follow because it was hard to choose so few!
  1. Suki @ Short Tails of Suki
  2. Sid @ Pug Slope
  3. Tweedles @ "Through the eyes of Tweedles"
  4. Tiffy @ It's Tiffy Time!
  5. Minnie and Mack @ Minnie and Mack's Daily Digest
  6. Vito (and Vinny) @ The Adventures of Vito Marino
  7. Gracie @ Screaming K9
To officially accept your "Versy", create new blog post including the award picture, seven things about your human(s), and lastly, pass on the award to seven different blogs.  I look forward to reading your posts.

This was fun.  I hope you all enjoyed learning a bit about my family.

Love,
Payton

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your award!!! I suck at baking im very jealous!! I as well have a major sweet tooth :)

Minnie and Mack said...

Well, congratulations on winning the Versy Award! We really enjoyed reading about your family and getting to know a little about them.

and 2nd, thanks for passing it on to us! We'll work on our post and will get it out in a few days!

Drools and licks,
Minnie and Mack

Two Pugs in a Pod said...

Hi Payton! We just sent your mama an email through your blog profile. Please let us know if she doesn't get it!

Pug Slope said...

Yay, Payton! Congratulations! You do have a great blog - we always look forward to reading it. It's about time you got some official recognition!

Since your Mom enjoys baking, you need to hop onto the internet and print out some recipes for some home-made pug treats. Then you can be the official taste tester!

Thank you for passing the award on to us, too! We'll be sure to write about soon.

-Love,
Sid

Kitty+Coco said...

I'm all for you being the taste tester. It is only fair! I've heard of hot dog treats..just saying.
Golly, your pawrents are super smarty pants. What a love story..High School sweethearts. The best part though is that they love you and know just how to care for your needs.

Kitty+Coco

Suki said...

Hi Payton,

Congrats on your first award. It was great hearing about your parents.

Thank you for passing the award onto me! You are the best.

Hugs,
Suki

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Payton
Congratulations on your Award! That is sooo cool!
And thank you for sharing it with me. Your so thoughtful.
I loved reading the 7 things you shared!
What a wonderful family you have!
love
tweedles

moPSY+MISIOber said...

Oh Payton
Congratulations on your Award :) I'm so happy for you :) You have the best family ever, and you are the best being part of this family :) Lots of kisses :) Gosia

Anonymous said...

I'm on it. And thank you for thinking of me. Mom's been a little distracted lately, and our internet went wacky this weekend, but I'll make sure she puts this at the top of our list.

Gracie the Agility Pug (my profile won't come up.....argh, 'puters)

Tiffy said...

Contests on your first award, Payton! I love reading your bloggy every day. It makes me smile and I can't wait to meet you in person. Your peeps ar so interesting but mine, not so much so I posted 7 things about me.

Thanks so much for passing the award to me. It's my first ever, too!

Tiffy