But what I don't get is that I now have to list seven things about my mom! I mean this is MY blog, right? Sheesh! But since rules are rules, here it goes:
- My mom loves, loves, loves to cook and bake. I keep applying to be her official taste tester, but she only takes me up on that offer once in a while. But lucky for me she has made my birthday cakes/treats for the last couple of years and they are super tasty. And don't worry, just cause I'm grain-free now, doesn't mean she's off the hook next birthday! Guess she'll have to get creative, huh?
- My mom has a major sweet tooth. I think ALL of my teeth are food teeth. Sometimes I think she rivals my love of food when cinnamon rolls, doughnuts, chocolate cake, ice cream, and the like are around.
- My mom and dad are high school sweethearts and got married while in college. They both majored in physics but at separate universities in the same town. Mom tells a story about how dad went to class for her one time when she was sick. Awww!
- My dad out-smarted my mom in high school by one class. He was salutatorian (2nd) and mom was 3rd in the class. Maybe mom spent too much time practicing routines for the Pom-Pon squad. But mom out did dad in college by double majoring in physics and computer science. Although to be fair, she says she doesn't really remember any of it. Neither one of them used the physics...Dad is in finance (actually getting his MBA now) and mom was an Information Systems Engineer at a non-for-profit company that provides technical advice to the government. Of course, now it's safe to say that both are experts in Pugology.
- My mom is an Air Force brat. She was lucky and didn't have to move as much as others. She was born in the DC area, then lived in San Antonio TX, then Charleston SC, and finally near St. Louis MO. Her dad, my Gampy, retired as a Chief Master Sergent while stationed at Scott Air Force Base which is why the family is still in Mascoutah IL.
- My mom is terrified of tornadoes and has recurring nightmares about them. This started even before she was in "Tornado Alley". She has no idea what happened to cause this irrational fear since she really hasn't been near one before.
- My mom is a fan of Monet's paintings. The 2nd most prevalent things on the walls of our home (aside from tons and tons of pictures of me!) are Monet prints. Landscapes with flowers in the living room and sailboats in the dining room.
- Suki @ Short Tails of Suki
- Sid @ Pug Slope
- Tweedles @ "Through the eyes of Tweedles"
- Tiffy @ It's Tiffy Time!
- Minnie and Mack @ Minnie and Mack's Daily Digest
- Vito (and Vinny) @ The Adventures of Vito Marino
- Gracie @ Screaming K9
This was fun. I hope you all enjoyed learning a bit about my family.