Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Wardrobe

Seems like forever ago that my mom promised Sid, his peeps, and Michelle + Myko that we'd talk about my wardrobe.  Notice I said *my mom* because I know that would mean modeling each and every item...not my most favorite past time.  But with the cooler weather this last weekend, it was time.  So mom opened the closet and started to sort through all of my stuff.


Oh, my pug!  It's a mess, isn't it?!?  While she was organizing, I made up my mind that I wouldn't move a muscle until there were signs of food.  Once I negotiated my rates and demands of a professional environment were met, I worked the camera.

First up, winter wear.  Specifically, coats and shoes.


You all have seen my pink "tough girl" coat before in a few posts (to see the pics, click here, here, and here).  And the pink and black ensemble (from Pug Snuggly) is what I wore for the December SYOP contest.  That means I only had to model the green jacket...



...and the shoes, Muttluks.  Mom and dad bought them to protect my feet in the winter time, but they were too difficult to get on me (hehe) when I had to go and are kinda obsolete anyway since I use the garage porch potty when it's cold out.


My mom forgot to include a picture of a related item in the group shot...socks.  Yes, I own a pair (or is that a quartet).  Anyway, since my back left leg is very gimpy and I slip and slide sometimes, mom thought that the rubber bottoms might help.



It may look like I might be smiling in that picture, but I don't like the socks, so I don't wear the socks.

Now let me show you my collection of fleece and hoodies (that doubled in size recently thanks to my friend Tiffy!).


I wore the pink one during my trip to Texas, but I'm not sure I've shown anyone the others.





How about sleepwear next?


I raved about my Pugjamas in my Christmas morning and New Year's Eve posts, but mom never got a picture of me wearing the penguin PJs.



Oh, and I can't forget about my special occasion wear!


My mom just recently got some great pictures of me in my cheerleading outfit and I wore my football jersey the first time I met Miss Tiffy!

So, let's get right to spring fashion (looks like *somebody* better do some ironing soon).


Since I haven't worn any of these recently, I was nervous that this section of my closet would take forever, but mom was nice and only picked out two for our photo session.



Last, but not least, here's my collection of everyday t-shirts.


You all have seen me in a variety of these throughout my blog, so I just picked out my favorites to pose in.  I like the stretchy, almost sweatshirt quality of my pink Cubs Princess shirt, and I get lots of compliments when I wear black so these are probably my go-to pieces. 



All of the shirts (except for the Cubs one) are from a company called Dog Love Art, but unfortunately they moved on and closed up shop.  I was bummed because it's so hard to find a t-shirt that fits my pug body.  Well, until I got a surprise in the mail from my good friend Sid!





When Sid found out that there wasn't an American Apparel close to me, he rushed to my aide, and picked out a confidence shirt just for me!



I am proud to add this awesome shirt to my collection.  Thank you so much, Sid!  I feel so good and assertive in this t-shirt that I want to renegotiate my modeling contract right away!

Love,
Payton

PS.  I have to give a big shout out to Michelle + Myko who surprised me for my birthday by donating money to a pug rescue in my honor.  That was so special, thanks!

27 comments:

Elgor82 said...

You have some nice clothes! But we're hoping mama doesn't see this or she will make us try on all of our clothes and pose for pictures. With four of us ... that could take forever!

Love Zoe, Peyton, webster & Liberty

Sammy and Neko said...

Now that's what we call "super modeling", Payton !! You have more clothes than our dad got, haha.
Looking good, baby~

Tamara Watson said...

Wow, Payton, Rupert and I suspected you had a serious wardrobe, but had no idea about the depth of it. We absolutely love the pictures of you in the boots and socks - so cute!

Sabrina PugTails said...

I love the picture of you in your socks. (Better you than me, Payton!) That shirt Sid got you fits like a glove and makes you look so svelte!
Licks,
Sabrina

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

You have quite the wardrobe! Thanks for modeling it for us :)

Pugs & Kisses,

Brutus & Ellie

Meredith LeBlanc said...

Miss P, you have more clothes than Scarlet and me combined! and you are an excellent model.

We love your snugli coat, I think we'll have to put that on the shopping list for next winter :)

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Archie and Melissa said...

hi payton!
oh my gosh!
you have the best wardrobe from the tips of your sweet pug ears to your little pug toes!
i think your momma loves you just a little bit!
you have made our whole day!
xoxox
m & a

moPSY+MISIOber said...

We feel a little jealous, we don't have much outfits, because is little hard to buy our size :) we think mom will stop awwwing not ealier then on Sunday about you in socks picture. Just too cute :) love you sooo much Payton, and you are REAL supermodel !! PT

Kitty+Coco said...

Dang, what a wardrobe! We are jealous. Mom usually only buys us special occasion wear (which means embarrassing holiday themed stuff). Harumphhh. You are hamming it up with the backwards glances! So adorable. Love your neutral spring dress.

Suki said...

Hi Payton,

Instead of a Fashionista, your a Puganista most definitely. I like the penguin outfit.

I can't believe you even wear socks. Mom tried to get snow booties one year. She laughed so hard at me trying to walk. I finally gave up & kicked them off.

Hugs,
Suki

tubby3pug said...

Wow super cute. I love all the shirts. Mom is getting ideas now but there are four of us and we have a crazy elaborate wardrobe. The only one of us without lots of clothes is Norbert, not as much stuff out there for big guys.

urban hounds

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Payton love the wardrobe! I have 2 bins and a drawer full of clothes too. A pug can't have enough T-shirts I saw. But were is your party wear? We must get you a fancy dress. Oh we love the penguin pjs with a hoodie!!!!

Hugs
Tuni

Kari in Alaska said...

THats one heck of a wardrobe!

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Eddie the Pug and his Mom said...

Precious Payton...you look a m a z i n g...in everything you wear!
Lovies from,
Eddie the Pug

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Payton
You just made my day! This was the most awsome modeling show of you!
I love your wardrobe! All the colors are just perfect for you. I love that green coat- its so pretty.
And I love your socks and muckluks and jammys too
Oh you are the perfect model! Your little expressions on that kissable face of yours-makes my moms go out of control!
love
tweedles

Minnie and Mack said...

Hi Payton,

Hu-mom is still in Georgia but when we talked to her last night she promised she would visit your blog.

We hope you got a lot of yummies for all that posing you had to do. Our fav is the PJ pix. You look so cute and cuddly. and the socks. and the boots. I have boots but refuse to even move in them....

Love and kisses,
Mack and Minnie

Michelle + Myko said...

This made my morning!! The penguin pugjamas are my absolute favorite. It is also good to see that Sid's confidence t-shirts look good on the ladies as well.You look quite confident with your curly tail and adorable mug held high. We hope you got tons of treats for playing dress up and super modeling so well:)

pug love!

Rumpydog said...

Oh Dog Payton! You got alot of clothes! The only thing I didn't see was a "little black dress." woo woo woo!

Pug Slope said...

Payton - this was an AMAZING post! I don't know where to begin. First off, I'm happy to know that you were well-paid in treats for all this pug super-modeling. I love that you even had a special backdrop set up for the occasion!

Those little socks are really cute, but I know it's not always fun to have things on our feet (I had rubber booties at one point that I decided weren't for me). I also love your spring fashion - how hip!

I'm so glad you like the tee shirt. They seem to fit us pugs just right. Although I think I told you that my 'rents have to cut a little slit in the front of the neck, for my, um, "XL mane".

This fashion show made my day. Thank you, P!

-Love,
Sid.

Chicas Libelulas said...

Hola Payton, and PugMama & PugPapa,
Now that is wardrobe of a pure DIVA Queen!!! I love them all!!! and your are bella model, love the one were you look back at the camera! love the cheerleader the best!!!
We heard you are not feeling all so great,so we want to tell you, that we are sending Extra JUJU, and whole lot of prayers,so you can fell better!!!
Hugs & Bechos
<3 Spongy,Licky and Patrick

Kelly said...

Payton, I heard you are not well and wanted to come tell you that we are praying so hard for you, sweet girl.

Hank said...

Payton (and Christy).....what Pearl said. :)

Love -

Sarah and Hank

PS We think you deserve "Best-dressed Blogger" award!

Idaho PugRanch said...

praying for you dear Payton

Pugs2Luv said...

You are in our thoughts & prayers and we concentrating on positive healing energy for sweet Payton.
Luv, Zoey, Phoebe & our momma

Sandra y Coco Pug said...

Sweet Payton,
I've heard you are not doing well. We are praying at home for you to feel better and for your parents to get the strength to go thru this difficult time. I know how draining it can be for them.
A huge kiss,
Coco.

Sandra y Coco Pug said...

Sweet Payton,
I've heard you are not doing well. We are praying at home for you to feel better and for your parents to get the strength to go thru this difficult time. I know how draining it can be for them.
A huge kiss,
Coco.

Lori and Lulu! said...

Sending you as much human and puggy JUJU as we can muster! Paws crossed for you and your family!