Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring, where did you go?

Last week, I was so caught up with birthday plans that I missed out on acknowledging the first day of spring.  Well, I think that came back to haunt me.  The last few days have been cold again, and rainy.  Yuck.  In fact, since mom had turned off the heat because of the nice weather we had been having, it was only 60 degrees in the house Friday morning.  Brrr!  I headed straight for the vent after mom cranked up the hot air!  Just when I thought it was safe to leave the house without a blanket...


Hopefully the weather people got it right, and today and the rest of the week will be mild and sunny so I can go out to lunch with Gammy!  I'd also like to enjoy the yard like I did on the actual vernal equinox.  What?!?  A pug can't know big words?  I'm smart.






Please come back, Spring!

Love,
Payton

PS.  Two more birthday surprises came in the mail for me over the weekend.  One was a package from the gang at Minnie and Mack's Daily Digest!


Isn't that just the cutest mailer?  And look at all the cool stuff in the package!


Yeah, I was totally getting ready to attack those stuffies!  My man, Mack, gave me the monkey, Minnie picked out the lion, and their foster puggle, Mario, chose the green Holee Cuz.  They all signed a cute card with pugs eating a cupcake, so appropriate!  Oh, but wait, you may have noticed the card on the armrest in the picture above.  That was from DW (Writing Chances), who wrote such a sweet note to me on the inside of that pretty hummingbird card!  Ok, now let's get down to business...





The monkey has a pink shirt that says "Happy Birthday" and he is also wearing a party hat, so he was my first victim...I mean playmate.  Thanks so much to Minnie, Mack, and Mario, and DW too!

14 comments:

Sandra y Coco Pug said...

Hi Payton;
The weather here is warm, would you like to come visit us?
I am able to post comments again since mom got a new phone but i have trouble with the word verification. Lets hope you get to read this. Happy belated birthday! ( i wasnt able to post on your birthday, i am sorry :( )
Love and kisses
Coco

Sammy and Neko said...

Payton, my girl, you have more toys than ToysRUs can offer. And you have such nice friends - including us, hee hee - you are really loved by many. get the monkey!!!!

Sammy

Tamara Watson said...

Payton, normally Rupert and I would be able to wish some of our warm weather your way, but it got really cold here too! Stay bundled by the vent, playing with all your wonderful birthday presents.

Tamara + Rupert

Minnie and Mack said...

Hi Payton,

Thank you for the kind words for hu-bro Josh! We are very proud.

SO nice to see you playing with your b'day stuffies. Can you smell us on them? Hu-mom let us check them out before she mailed them to you.

Enjoy the warmer weather, too.

Love and kisses,
Minnie, Mack and Mario

Pug Slope said...

It got cold here again, too, Payton! This weather is ridiculous. I just got through pulling out all my light-weight tees and packing up all my winter apparel and then the temps decide to drop. Sheesh! Our apt is CHILLY as the main building heat isn't on. We have a tiny space heater though that actually works pretty well. Like you and your vent, I usually find a spot right in front of the heater to lay down on.

Let's hope this warmer weather comes back ASAP!

-Love,
Sid.

Kari in Alaska said...

Oh I am SURE spring will come back again

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Meredith LeBlanc said...

We're nearish to Sid and it's gotten chilly here too. But it is sunny, so we're putting up with it :)

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

tubby3pug said...

what adorable pressies, you sure deserve them we hope the weather warms up quick
urban hounds

dw said...

Payton, it's supposed to get warm again.....at least that's what they're saying up here! I was really pleasantly surprised to see how green your grass is! Wow! Those new victims..um, erm, playmates? .. look like they'll be a lot of fun!! Stay warm until things warm up again!!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi PaytoN
I know spring will be back very soon. Its playing "hide and go seek"!
You are so loved Payton- just look at all your pressys and birthday wishes that just arrived!
love
tweedles

Rumpydog said...

I'll trade with ya! You can have my nice warm weather and I'll take your cool weather. Deal?

RebTee said...

P - Isn't this weather CRAZY? It got HOT here (sumemrtime?), now it's cold, then tomorrow it's going to be warm again. What's a pug to do?

Awesome photos, btw. You make my mama smile, and I'm not even jealous.
Love,

Lola Pug

Elgor82 said...

We think it is warming up again ... at least here in Central Illlinois it is! Hope you get outside and enjoy some of this nice weather!

XOXOXOXO Zoe, Peyton, Webster & Liberty

moPSY+MISIOber said...

these are just great presents !!! and we really hope it will be warm soon !! in your and our place :) love PT