Friday, March 23, 2012

The Party

I'm not going to lie, the day didn't start out exactly how I wanted.  After chowing down on breakfast, I went back to bed as usual.  Mom got me up for my 9:30 am pills and then nothing.  Where's my presents, my new toys, my treats...good lord, where are my treats?!?


I double checked to make sure that it was actually my birthday and that's what the calendar on my mom's iPhone said, so I didn't understand why the party wasn't starting.  I thought that maybe one too many screws got loose in my mom's mind or she was having one of her (albeit dark) blonde moments, so I decided to start playing.  Maybe she would get the hint?  I think I went through all of my toys until it was time for lunch.  And then it happened!  I guess all of your comments guilted her into making my food!  I had my suspicions earlier in the week when mom was in the kitchen cooking AFTER dinner, so I stayed close to examine and supervise, but when I didn't get anything right away I had lost hope.

Russet and Sweet Potatoes
Green Beans
Poached Talapia Loins and Boiled Potatoes
I think this is my food.

Mom packaged up 1/3 protein to 2/3 potato and veggies into 1/2 cup servings.  I eat 3 meals a day so she'll cook this about once a week, I guess.  I also still get a tablespoon of the Blue Buffalo Wilderness Salmon kibble each meal.  YUMMY!  Ok, looks like this birthday is turning around.  Next up I got to open all of the other mail that was for me!


I received such great cards from Meredith/Scarlet (The Scarlet Sutras), Tiffy (It's Tiffy Time!), Zoe/Webster/Peyton/Liberty (A Day in the Life of Pugs), Fred/Pucia/Zuzia (Notes from the Bowl), and Sammy/Neko (Sammy and Neko), who also got mom that cool car magnet you see in the photo above AND this awesome ice cream cone for me!!






So now I was hopeful that there would be more great things in store.  And before I knew it mom was stuffing blue berries in my mouth to calm me because Gammy and Gampy had arrived! 


The treats worked great.  I did get excited to see them and was a bit out of breath but nothing serious or scary for the peeps to deal with.  Whew!  That means I get to see them again soon.  It was time for dinner.  Everyone was hungry.  I ate first (as it should be) and then everyone sat around the table enjoying fillet of beef sandwiches.  I couldn't believe it when mom gave me a few nibbles of her beef.  Talk about nom-able!  Now she is getting the hang of this birthday thing.  Then it was time for dessert, and it got even better!  A trio of grain free cupcakes made just for me.




Three different flavors too.  Apple, carrot, and carob...all with peanut butter frosting.  I got a little antsy and jumped the gun during the picture taking.  Yeah, I know you guys don't blame me one bit!


So after that little "incident", mom cut up pieces from each one and dad served it to me on a plate.


A fitting birthday treat!  Now on to more presents!  Of course, my attention went straight to Gampy.  He better have remembered to bring the jet.  Well, at least the keys!  That's when Gampy pulled something out of his pocket.

I look thrilled, don't I?

Not funny, Gampy!!  Not funny.  It may say "Hawaiian Excursion", but there is just no way that thing is going to get us there.  Sheesh!  Guess mom was right about not trusting Gampy's wild promises.  But if you ask me, I think he better go and buy a winning lottery ticket soon!

Well, that was my birthday.  I had a ton of fun!  Maybe by this time next year I'll have that jet and can fly all of my friends in for a party, pug style!  Hehee!  Have a great weekend!

Love,
Payton

PS.  I almost forgot!  Thanks to all of your kind birthday wishes on my post from Wednesday, my first Comment-a-thon was a huge success!  We purchased a big bag of dog food for Wilma's "Stuff My Doghouse" project!  If you want to help, see Wilma's blog and then check out the Homeward Bound Pug Rescue and Adoption of Oklahoma's Amazon wish list.

25 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Payton thank you so much for sharing how your birthday went since we where not there.

OUr mom has to cook our food once a week too - ours is just alot more than yours :)

Her counter looks just like yours with all the tupperware!
she cooks all of ours in a crockpot :)

The pics of your grandpawrents and you is adorable.

Hugs

Meredith LeBlanc said...

WoW, Miss P! It looks like you had an awesome pawsome birthday! And we know those puggies at Homeward Bound will love the foodables.

We made a donation in you honor yesterday :)

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

RebTee said...

Hahahaha! Okay, that's mama laughing. I'm just JEALOUS! When Gampy gets you that plane, let me know, and I'll call it up and come on down to visit you.

Mama says you've inspired her to make more movies of me. Sheesh. Way to go, Payton.

Lots of love,

Lola Pug

Minnie and Mack said...

Your birthday party and gifties and cards are awesome!

You won't need to put the plate in the dishwasher, either.

We're looking forward to jetting to Hawaii for you 10th birthday!

Loves and Kisses,
Minnie and Mack

PS: We went to Amazon and ordered shampoos for Wilma's The Dog House
Project. Puggies need to smell good. We also ordered ear cleaner 'cause we know about puggie ears, too!

Michelle + Myko said...

Payton my mom is still laughing over the cupcake video! The size of your pupils and sheer determination were amazing! So glad you had such a wonderful birthday, and those home cooked meals look delicious!

Have a wonderful weekend! pug love:)

Sammy and Neko said...

Oh, Pyaton... you are so loved !
Hawaii trip for sure for your 10th birthday, ask Gampy to book tee times for us.

Lovies~

haopee said...

What! I was too late on greeting you!

Happy birthday Payton. I wish you all the best with Gammy and Gampy.

The Stuffed Popsicle looks delicious and I think Gampy's gift is just all too sweet.

Happy Weekend.

Huggies and Cheese,

Haopee

Tamara Watson said...

Payton, Rupert and I were laughing so hard at your Duran Duran cupcake video! Well done!

Noodles said...

Oh Payton
I am so glad your birthday turned out so great.
Love Noodles

Gracie the Agility Pug said...

I think my first comment got lost in cyberspace.....

Thanks for the birthday recap. From your video, it looks like you're doing great. And that cupcake looks deeelish.

I'm so glad you got to see Gammy and Gampy, and that you stayed calm.

Maybe if you add water to Gampy's plane, it will grow?

Kitty+Coco said...

Payton you have made us proud eating the cupcakes with such intensity and focus!! So funny. Looked delicious too. So happy you got to spend your bday with your Gammy and Gampy. Happy 9th Birthday to you. La la lala la...!

Kitty+Coco

Kari in Alaska said...

Those cupcakes look awesome

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Oh Payton
Your birthday looked like the most fun ever! I loved all the decorations of HAPPY BIRTHDAY hanging in the windows!
And I loved to hear about all the foodies that your mommy makes for you! Yum, yum.
I had a feeling you would not be able to contain yourself when those cupcakes appeared with peanut butter frosting! Who could resist? Not me! Oh I loved to see you enjoy every little bite, and clean that plate!
Your Gammy and Gampy- oh what a wonderful gift to be able to spend the day with them!. We loved all the videos. The jet from Gammy is sooo cool!
Best of all- we love seeing all the love that surrounds you.
What a happy birthday dream come true that you had.
love
tweedles

Pug Slope said...

Sweet party, Payton!

Those cupcakes looked terrific - I can totally understand your enthusiasm with wanting to eat them before your 'rents had a chance to take the paper off! Though I am slightly disappointed that Gampy didn't get you that private pug jet that was hinted at. We'll have to start a kickstarter campaign to make it happen.

Your homecooked meals look dee-lish. Keep us posted as to how you like them. My 'rents have contemplated making me some homecooked food, to perhaps help with my allergies, but they are both veg-heads and don't know a thing about cooking meat. Oh well, guess it's kibble for me.

-Love,
Sid.

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Our favorite part is you eating the cupcake upside down...wrapper first!!!

Happy b-day hugs
The Girls

Elgor82 said...

We were hoping that Gampy would come through with that jet ... then you could pick us up on your way to Milwaukee.

It looks like it was a great day! We love the pix with gammy and gampy! Can't wait to meet them and you and your pawrents.

Love Zoe, Peyton, Webster & Liberty

Suki said...

Hi Payton,
Perfect music for the video! Instead of a plane, what about a tour bus?!

Tour Bus, Tour Bus, Tour Bus!

What a great Birthday!

Hugs my friend,
Suki

Hank said...

Payton, honey....all that food talk has got me slobberin' on the keyboard I tell ya what.

Me an' mom luv that first pitcher o' you an' yer pupcakes. :)

PEE S: Tell Gampy "that is DIRTY POOL, Mister!!!"

Opaka said...

Oh Payton, the video of you eating your cupcakes was drool worthy! They must have been good because your eyes were practically popping out of your head with nomminess. You sniffing and licking the table afterwards made Miss Mel laugh out loud. I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday with your family.

tubby3pug said...

We are so glad that you had a good birthday and look at those terrific yummies hou had

Urban Hounds

Rumpydog said...

Oh Dog! What a great celebration you had! I want my grandparents to come visit me too! But they live far away :-(

Thanks again for making this about helping others as much as in celebrating yourself. You totally rock Payton!

Wilma said...

Hi there Birthday buddy!!! what an awesome job you did cleaning your plate! Nice work. I am sooooo glad you got to have such a great Birthday with your family! And thank you so much for hosting your commentathon! Many of your readers came over and donated in your honor! We are still woking on the challenge, but I did post a quick update, so everyone could see how stuffed my real doghouse is getting!. Well, I hope to have some fun tomorrow on my Birthday. I have a feeling since Mom has to work, and my Grammy and Grampy are on vacation, we will be having an extended celebration. As is should be! Thanks again to you and your generous readers! Payton, we did a really great job!

Southern Fried Pugs said...

Payton, we admire your restraint! We would have been up on the table instead of staying in the chair.

Your birthday party is what we all aspire to! Pupcakes all to ourselves without having to share with any other pug. It must be awesome to be an only pug sometimes.

And that food looks delicious! Mom makes our in huge batches but we are right there in the kitchen to patrol for dropped food and make sure she's making it right!

PS, mom says to check at Sam's and Costco for salmon steaks, too. Sometimes you can get deals on the frozen ones. And if you know any hunters, sometimes you can get venison from them. That is super yummy.

Archie and Melissa said...

hi payton!
oh what yummy meals your mom is cooking for you!
your party was so fun!
thank you for sharing it with all of us!
xoxoxoxo
a & m

moPSY+MISIOber said...

first of all great picturs and sooo yummy eatables !!! but the video of you eating is just hilarous !!! we could watch it 24/7 :) and we didn't know it's possible to lie (almost) on the back and eat at the same time :) great job :) kisses our sweet friend PT