Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Howdy Partners!

I'm so happy to be back at the reins of the blog again.  After my mom posted an update on my condition yesterday, I barked in my sleep, face-timed with Gammy and Gampy, and then when dad got home I grabbed a toy and chomped on the squeaker!  My energy level isn't quite back to normal and I have to catch my breath more often than before, but I am continuing to get stronger and feeling better.  I am so blessed to have such great friends, and I know it helps mom a lot to know so many are praying for me.  We will continue to keep you posted on my progress, and I will make sure that mom follows through on promises of extra treats.  Did she think that I wouldn't read my own blog?!?

Without further delay, let's talk adventure!  Some of you guessed right...Texas!


Just to warn you now, this post is going to be as big as Texas.  There is so much to talk about and my mom took a lot of pictures.  My adventure started Wednesday night when I had visitors.  I couldn't believe my eyes when Miss Tiffy Tippy Toes showed up at my door!  Tiffy took a tour of the house, but then we ended up in our usual hang out spot...the kitchen!


After a long drive south to see me, Tiffy was getting pretty tired and rested her pretty face on the table.


Don't you just love this picture of Tiffy with her momma?!?  We all had to get up early to set off for Texas (yes, Tiffy was going too!), so we headed outside for one last potty break.  Tiffy helped me patrol the perimeter, and then we synchronized our poops.  I only mention this because our peeps were excited about our mad skills.  Hehee!

Thursday morning, right after breakfast, we piled into our cars and took off.  Mom thought I'd go right to sleep since I usually do after breakfast, but all the excitement got to me and I wanted in front with dad.   


But I soon calmed down and was actually pretty good in the car.  Must have been because Tiffy brought walkie-talkies so we could stay in touch while driving.  It was a blast!  10-4 good buddy, roger that, over and out!  We are silly girls sometimes and had fun in the car.  I'll tell you what wasn't fun about our drive...cold and rainy!  Yep, it was utterly miserable.  Neither of us would cooperate during rest stops.  I held it in for almost the entire drive.  It's a good thing Tiffy got me 2 cool fleeces because I needed them on this trip for sure!  I will have to model them later, although you will see the pink one in upcoming pictures.

When we were almost at our destination (Dallas/Fort Worth), we broke up the caravan and parted ways with Tiffy and her peeps, but don't worry, I'll see her later in the weekend.

Our destination was none other than Gracie the Agility Pug's house!  And guess who else was there?  My good friend Suki!!  Everyone was waiting at the door to greet me, including Gracie's brother (and Suki's sweetheart), Arnie.  Dad passed out treats right away to make sure everyone would like me.

clockwise from top: me, Arnie, Suki, and Gracie
Lucky for us treat dispensing seemed to be a reoccuring theme at Gracie's house, or maybe it's just that we kept anticipating it which made group photos easy to get.



I also got to meet Levi, one of Gracie's other brothers.  You may see him in the photo above (naked pug to the right).  He is so talented and sneezes on command!  I didn't get to run around with sister Snap (a beautiful boxer), but I was completely mesmerized by her and kept watching her through the gate.


Suki handed out presents.  Look how beautifully wrapped it is, with a homemade picture tag!


I was too preoccupied being at a new place, meeting friends in the fur for the first time, that I didn't open it, but as soon as I feel much better, mom said she will take some pictures because she knows I will love it.  Mom and I, and especially our chauffeur, dad, were beat after a long drive so we called it a night and headed to the hotel.  Better get our sleep with all the activities planned for us.

I was so ready for fun and adventure Friday morning, but the weather was not cooperating.  It has been in the seventies almost all winter in Texas, but the two days we were there it was only in the fifties and was damp and rainy.  Yuck!  But we didn't come all this way to stay inside, so we all ventured out to the Stockyards (where there just happened to be a 1000 Pugs photo shoot) to meet up with a very famous pug.  But first we explored the area and there were plenty of spots for photo ops.




Gracie was so upset she had on a coat that she walked around with her head down.  She made us all laugh.  I don't like clothes either but it was too cold to not wear any.  My dad works for Wells Fargo, and since their logo is a stage coach, we are going to have the last picture framed for his desk.  If the weather had been better, we would have taken pictures with the cows and other cowboy things.  Oh, well.

Soon it was time for the pug party at the Love Shack restaurant!  All the 1000 Pugs crew was meeting there, but since the weather was so bad, the only other pug that joined us was THE PUG!  Mr. Puglet himself, in the fur!



After Pug demonstrated his super modeling poses, he joined us for lunch at the table.  In the photo below, from left to right, Gracie is completely focused on a cup of dressing that she will later spill all over, Arnie is watching dad's hand as he eats nachos, Suki is getting cold, and Pug is utterly depressed that his human is cheating on him.


But soon Miss Amanda comes to join us and tries to make it up to Pug by giving him a hamburger.  Half of one anyway, donated by Suki's mom.



Our jaws dropped to the floor in amazement.  Pug should totally enter an eating contest.  The rest of us finished our lunch at a slower pace and we enjoyed being able to talk and get to know each other.

Gracie and Arnie waiting for a few nibbles of Love Shack chicken fingers.
Soon it was time to head back to Gracie's place.  But mom got a picture with Pug before we said goodbye.


Yeah, I know.  What's up with that?  Shouldn't I have a picture with Pug?  We better remedy that in Milwaukee after my 1000 Pugs shoot!  Sheesh!

At Gracie's house, there was a break in the rain so we all headed outside to take care of business.  And then Gracie and Arnie gave us an agility demonstration.  Suki joined in too.  I guess I was inspired because even I leaped over the 8 inch jump!  I also went through the tunnel, scrunched up though.  None of the peeps had cameras to capture my athletic moments.  My mom always thought that if I hadn't got sick, I would have enjoyed agility and I think she's right.  We were all pretty tired from a long but fun day at the Stockyards so we all found a lap to take a nap.  Unfortunately for Suki, Gracie snagged her mom's lap before she could.


I just love the expression on Suki's face as she looks at Gracie sound asleep!  The 'rents had fun talking the rest of the evening, making plans for the next day, and enjoying a wonderful spread of foodables, while we dreamt about stealing said foodables.

On Saturday, we headed to another 1000 Pugs location, downtown McKinney.  It reminded me, mom and dad of Naperville, IL.  We had a lot of fun shopping.





And posing for a ton of pics that the peeps thought would be so cute and funny.  I should say that I look pretty rough and tough with my pink fleese in these pictures because at this point, dad had my harness under it.  Anyway, before we left, we were so lucky to run into Pug again!



It was time to leave McKinney, but we had another stop to make.  We were invited to hang out with Tiffy and the pugs from The Pugpant Chronicles!  It was a fabulous pug party and so great to meet even more friends in the fur!

Left to right: Tiffy, Annie, Hannah (hiding), Java, Howie, Suki, Arnie, me, and that's Gracie on top of the couch!
When we got back to Gracie's house, my coughing became more frequent.  I won't go into the stuff that my mom already talked about, but I just want to give a public shout out to Suki.  She kept checking on me to see if I was ok and told her mom that she thought something was wrong.  I love my friend Suki for caring so much about me.


Thanks to Gracie, Arnie, and Suki for showing me their great state!  I had a blast hanging with them and also seeing my girl Tiffy, The Pugpant gang, and last but not least, Puglet!  What a weekend this was!

Love,
Payton

27 comments:

Elgor82 said...

WOW ... what fun getting see your friends and meeting some new ones! We are excited to meet you in May - and Puglet, too!!! Too bad the weather wasn't the best and you were sick. But we're glad you are feeling better and hopefully you start getting some extra treats soon. Love Zoe, Peyton, Webster & Liberty

Meredith LeBlanc said...

Holy Cow! That's a lot of puginess! I have to say, all of these great pix REALLY are making us look forward to the east coast 1000 Pug tour :)

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Chfnman said...

I think there should be a law passed. No adventures allowed without Gampy in attendance! All those wonderful Pugapotamusses that I could have given scritches and back rubs to!! My oh my!!!

I'm so happy my Grandpug had such a wonderful time, I love you so much little Payton!

Gampy

tubby3pug said...

So glad you are feeling better and getting your energy back. The pictures are great and it looks like you had an amazing adventure. If you ever come up east you are welcome to visit us, perhaps we could meet up for a big city adventure!

Urban Hounds

Sabrina PugTails said...

Dearest Payton, I am so relieved to hear that you are feeling better and getting some of your strength back. Yesterday's post had me so sad that I couldn't event comment to wish you better.
What a wonderful puggy adventure you had in Texas with so many friends. I love all the group shots, especially the one on the coach and the one on the couch. I know Noodles was waiting for that one to be released on your blog.
And how about that Puglet! What a character!
I am still sending you all the juju I can muster in hopes that you fight through this and get all better again.
Licks,
Sabrina

Tamara Watson said...

Payton, it sounds like you had the best time! So glad you got to meet Puglet, he's so much fun. Love all the pictures!

Sammy and Neko said...

Is this super pawsome or what? You are the luckiest, Payton. We really want to meet you in fur someday.
Love your mama's pic with Puglet.

Lots of love and juju~

Noodles said...

Hi Payton! What a super sized adventure in Texas! So very very very cool. Isn't Puglet a laugh riot?
I bet you can't wait for your 1000Pugs photoshoot. It WILL be awesome.
Love Noodles

Archie and Melissa said...

Hi Payton!
o my gosh!
what a fabulous adventure you all had!
r-chee and i sooooo wish we could have come too to meet all of you!
we just adore this post and update!
xoxoox

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

WOW!! What a great adventure!! Such cute photos too. We can't believe how fast Pug scarfed down that burger!!

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda, Brutus & Ellie

Minnie and Mack said...

Payton, we were exhausted after ready about your big Texas adventure! And it sure was big. You're so lucky to meet all the puggies that we read about everyday! Boy, does Puglet look like a BIG pug! Not fat, just BIG. Is he really that big?

Our favorite pictures are all of you guys on the outside stairs and the couch photo. Amazing that everyone cooperated and sat still!

We continue to pray for you and your family every day and send lots of loving juju, too.

Love and kisses,
Minnie and Mack

dw said...

Payton, you had the most fabulous trip - well, the good part of it anyway until you started coughing. You got to hang out with sooo many pugs in the fur, and meet Puglet, too! It sounds like you're feeling a little better even if your energy level isn't back up to par. Keeping you in my prayers, Payton!

Kitty+Coco said...

Good golly, that looks like such a blast. I dream of meeting my blogger furiends. Sap the Boxer looks so nice! Maybe you two can be friends in the future. But I bet you got in some nice girl chat through the gate anyway. So jealous you got to meet Pug!!! He is a hunk, I tell you what. He looked like a giant pug in your mom's arms. We got a good chuckle about that. In the first stockyard pic, it looks like you are saying "Ooooh". Too cute. I thinks that you should frame the pic of you in your pink fleece sitting in the chair.

Just want to say that we are very sorry about your trachea thingy. Haven't been on the blogs so much lately. I looked at Ikea, but alas, they didn't have a new one for you. Just doesn't seem fair that this stuff happens. Butt if any pug can handle it, you can (and look good doing it too). We will be praying fur you. Um...Mom wants to know what size clothing you wear?

Southern Fried Pugs said...

That was one Texas sized adventure! And all in one weekend! No wonder you were exhausted.
We do heart that pink fleece! Way to rock it, girl!

PS, make sure you check your mail tomorrow.

Crabbie Chris said...

Ahem Peyton....where's the shot of black in there? It's like a gaggle of blondes!! I totally think I should have gone to Dallas and put you all on your toes. I'm glad you had fun though, and got to meet Pug. He's pretty fun huh? Did you bite his back fat???

Tiffy said...

We had such a great weekend, didn't we? I'm so glad you made the trip to Texas and met up with friends. I think it was the trip of a lifetime and one that I have been reliving over and over since our return. I sure hope the Pugpants have recovered from Saturday since it was such a mad house of pugs!

Tiffy

Pee-s: I know you are feeling better because you stole your bloggie back!

Michelle + Myko said...

What an adventure! I absolutely love that all these pugs are getting together through these blogs and having such a fabulous time (and so are your readers:) That was really nice of your dad to start off by sharing a bunch of your treats, however, I am sure the minute any pug meets you Payton they just adore you.

ps: make sure to bring your Gampy next time:)

pug love!

Suki said...

Hi Payton,
It was a super awesome weekend! I totally agree with Tiffy! Man O man, I'm still tuckered out from the adventure. So glad you were able to drive down & meet Gracie & my Arnie & their parents.

Still sending you prayers & positive juju.

Hugs my friend,
Suki

Jaco said...

Hiya Payton,

This sounds like the best trip - so many pugs and even 1000 Pugs! So sorry to hear you are feeling poorly - sending very good mojo and juju your way little one.

Ziggy Stardust said...

Hi Payton I am a pal of Tweedles and I just came to say hi. I am sending you good wishes and lots of hugs. I am sorry that you have problems. You are so beautiful and I love seeing your family. Take care rest and I hope that all your days are good ones.

(((((((((((Payton))))))))))))))

Loveys Sasha

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Payton
Your adventure was one of the most fun adventures that I have ever read about!
Seeing all of you in those pictures has just made me soo happy that you all got together. Those photos are fantastic- what memories for everyone!
I am sending more healing thoughts your way.
I love you
tweedles

Eddie the Pug and his Mom said...

Sweet Payton!
Wish I lived closer and could snag some cuddle time with you...there are no CA Gurls as cute as you in my 'hood! I am jealous every time I see Sid with Miss Timothy Buttons:(
Hope you are feeling better!
Lovies from,
Eddie the Pug

Unknown said...

Dear PaytonPuggy, this here is your good pal Howie whose house you visited. I hope you are feeling better soon. Any friend of Tiffeez is a good friend to me. Don't believe any of the bad stuff my sister Annie said about me when you were over, most of it, well some of it was absolutely not true. Hoping to see you again cutey!
xoxo
PeeMan

Rumpydog said...

Oh My Dog! What a great trip! And to get your picture made in front of a cookie store too! Priceless!

moPSY+MISIOber said...

We love today post!!! So many friends, so many great picture, we love every single one!!! Mom is still awwwwwing and cannot stop:) she loves the chair picture of you Payton, she loves all the pygs, but you have very special place in her heart and she wish she could meet you and the others one day. Feel better and better Payton!! We pray we send juju and we LOVE you! PT

Bunk said...

I am so happy to hear that you are feeling better. I have not been a good friend lately because my humans have been really busy studying and working and have not let me come on the laptop. Silly fellas! The Texas pictures look WONDERFUL! I hope you have some southern styled meals there as well!:) (BONGO looks yummalicious)

Frank The Tank said...

Hi Payton! Oh My Pug - Deep in the heart of Texas there was a wild and crazy Pug adventure and you were the leading lady! Hee,Hee! Its so much fun to see all those photos, so many Pugs, Soooooo much cuteness! It must be the cutest post to date!! I am so happy that you all got together, I bet it was so much fun for absolutly everyone!
Lots of love, licks, pug hugs and tummy rubs from your Friend Frank xxxxxxxx