Monday, March 19, 2012

Frolicking at Gampy's house

I hope everyone had a great weekend and St. Patrick's Day.  I sure did!  Check out all of the Irish fun I had with my friend Suki on her blog, Short Tails of Suki...you won't believe it!  In all seriousness, I did have a wonderful weekend. 

Well, Friday wasn't a good day.  I had a mini 10 second seizure in the morning and then made mom hand feed me at lunch.  I was really hungry, but didn't she say something about making my food from scratch?!?  I think she got my point...someone went grocery shopping and a ton of it was for me!  I was tired the rest of the day and then we got horrible news that Yoda of The Pugs Strike Back passed away.  We met him in Indy, and he was such a sweetheart.  Needless to say mom and I were both a wreak at the end of the day so, we couldn't wait for Saturday to arrive.  And it showed!

I was alert and spunky, playing and enjoying time outside!  I still get winded more than I should, but mom and dad said I acted just like before my trachea diagnosis.  And Sunday was no different.  I hope this means that I'll get to do something exciting on my birthday and have my party this coming weekend.  Oh, speaking of my birthday, don't forget to stop by Wednesday to participate in my Birthday Comment-a-thon that I announced in Friday's post.

Whew!  That was a long intro, which didn't have anything to do with the title of today's post, so I guess I should actually get to the point.  Alright.  At the end of February, both my dad and Gammy were out of town, so mom and I hung out with Gampy most evenings.  I was so happy and made sure to wear my "Furry Grandkid" t-shirt!


Lucky for us the weather was very nice so I got to take care of business outside and frolic with Gampy!


Gampy chickened out the second time, so it was just mom and I, but the result was the same.


But then I got Gampy to play with me and give me some good scritches!


I just love my time with Gampy.  Did I mention that my birthday wish is to celebrate with Gammy and Gampy?  I sure hope my inhaler comes in today or tomorrow so I can.

This next video isn't at Gampy's house, but mom took it the same week and I was wearing the same t-shirt so we figured it was appropriate and shows off my protective skills.  I don't like when the house across the way has a car parked in the driveway or has one of their garage doors opened.


Well, I hope everyone is having a great start to the week.  See you on Wednesday for my Birthday Comment-a-thon!

Love,
Payton

22 comments:

dw said...

I love your videos, Payton! Especially the one where you're playing on the floor with Gampy! Looks like you had a lot of fun!!

Meredith LeBlanc said...

We'll be wishing really hard that your inhaler comes on time so you gave have a fun filled b'day with Gammy and Grampy!

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Tamara Watson said...

Love watching the video of you frolicking around, Payton!

Sabrina PugTails said...

Sending speedy mail vibes to you and your inhaler.
It sure looks like you had a blast with Suki!
Licks,
Sabrina

Noodles said...

Payton
You are so lucky to have such a great Gampy and Gammy and Mommy and Daddy. They MAKE you stronger with their love.
Love Noodles
PS, my eyes leaked over the news about our pal Yoda as well.

Pug Slope said...

Hiya Payton! It looks like this early Spring has brought out the puppy in you. Your videos were really cute - you have so much energy. I'm very glad to see you've got your pep back. I hope I get to meet Gampy someday - it looks like so much fun to play with him. Plus he seems to know all the good scratchin' spots! That's so exciting that your B-day is coming up. Pug-Par-tay!

-Love,
Sid.

Minnie and Mack said...

We love seeing you in real life via videos. You are such a cutie. No wonder Mack loves you!!!

Take care of yourself and we're going over to leave a post for Yoda's family. That was quite a shock to us.

Love and kisses,
Minnie and Mack and Mario

Winston Wilbur said...

Hi payton,

Your granpappy omp he looks like so much funs to play withs! My paws are crossed that your inhaler comes in asap. You totally scored with all the groceries the rents bought yous. Can i comes over for dinner? Bol.

Winston

tubby3pug said...

Looks like you had a great time playing with your grandparents. We keep you in our thoughts all the time, take care

Urban Hounds

Southern Fried Pugs said...

You look like you are feeling so much better! We hope that your inhaler comes soon, but we bet that you'll have a great time no matter what.

Bunk said...

I am so happy to know that you are feeling so much better, Payton! Again, I am very sorry about Yoda. Time with family always makes me feel better! That's why I always try to keep the crazy humans on my side. :)

Love,

Bunk The Pug.

Suki said...

Hi Payton!

You sure are feeling better! Keep it up my friend. Please tell Gampy & Gammy we said hi.

Hugs,
Suki

Elgor82 said...

Those are some great videos! We are hoping that your birthday wish comes true! It must be hard not getting to spend time with grammy and grampy! Hope you are feeling better ...

Love Zoe, Peyton, Webster & Liberty

Sammy and Neko said...

Payton, you have the best pugrandpa and pugrandma. Sorry to hear about your friend, Yoda :(
Hope you will get to spend your special day with your pugrand-rents. We love you !

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Payton you have such a wiggly tail when you are excited we love it!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Payton
We love looking at all of your videos. You always have so much fun and Gampy really makes things fun!
I keep wishing for you- that you get to see Gammy and Gampy soon.
love
tweedles

haopee said...

I was wondering what'd happen when you went on your potty break.

Gampy's house looked really pretty. I love the lawn and the stone pavement. You should give us a tour of the inside next time. ^_^

Huggies and Cheese,

Haopee

RebTee said...

Payton - we LOVED seeing you scampering. Mama was smiling the whole time. I was barking at you, I have to admit, but I was trying to get you to come over and PLAY with me!

More videos - and looking forward to celebrating with you tomorrow!

Love

Lola Pug

ps. I love your Gampy more and more and more!

Buddy said...

wow payton! you sure got you a long waggy tail!!!! I dont know nuttin about a long waggy tail!!! Looks like you love your gampy tons and tons!!!! Happy to see ya being spunky!!!

moPSY+MISIOber said...

oh Payton, we also were sorry to read about Yoda :((
and we are sooo happy to see you having fun. Mom is the happiest ;)and your Gampy LOVE you soo much, you are one lucky girl :) hope you feeling better and you are ready for tommorow :) sending tons of love PT

Rumpydog said...

I'm sorry Friday was such a bad day for you, and I"m sorry about your friend Yoda.

Frank The Tank said...

Hi Payton, I love the videos!! Oh My Pug it was funny with the "modesty break" for you to go potty! You are soooo cute! Im so glad that you are having fun outside and playing with your Mom and Grampy! Awwww I just love seeing you happy and bouncing around! I hope that you are feeling well soon!
I didnt know Yoda but it is so sad to hear, all my love to his family, I'm sure he is looking down on us from over the rainbow brige! Love, Licks, Hugs and Tummy Rubs from Frank xxxxxxxxxxxxxx