Friday, January 27, 2012

Holiday Rewind...New Year's Eve Pugjama Party

After four wonderful nights in the city (including the embarrassing photo shoot and fun carriage ride), mom and dad packed our bags on New Year's Eve morning and checked out of the hotel.  We made a quick pit stop for a picture in the lobby where they were getting ready for the big party that night.


When we got in the car, I was in prime form trying to make my way to the front seat.  I was just so anxious to get to our destination.





Sorry there was so much road noise that you may not be able to hear my "screaming" very well, but here's a video of me begging dad to let me up front and free me from the mean prison guard (mom).


It never works, but that never stops me from trying!  Finally we arrived.  I'll give you a hint before telling you where we were.  Anyone recognize the pink tree I'm posing in front of?


Did I hear someone shout, Tiffy?  That's right!  I got to spend New Year's with cutie Miss Tippy Toes herself!


I was lucky enough to have been a guest at Tiffy's house before for a football party, so I just made myself at home.  Tiffy's peeps are so nice, it was easy.  As you will see from the pictures to come, us pug girls spent most of our time scheming in the kitchen hoping to guilt our 'rents into food and monitoring the floor for crumbs.


How could we not, when Auntie Michele was making some yummy smelling soup?!?  (Don't worry, we conned Uncle Gerry out of some ham!)  After lunch, we relaxed a bit in the living room with our peeps, and Tiffy enjoyed a pretzel bully stick I got her from my earlier trip to Dog-a-holics.



But before we knew it, the sun set and it was getting late.  Time for the party!  The PUGJAMA Party!  Mom and Aunt Michele totally chickened out but Tiffy and I rocked our Pugjamas





Tiffy's pair has sea turtles on it!  The pink butterfly set that I'm wearing was one of my cool Xmas gifts from the Southern Fried Pugs!  I kept getting compliments all night about how great my caboose looked in them!  Hehee!


We were having a blast begging for food from everyone.  Tiffy's Guncles were there.  I was so excited to see them.  Mom and dad were shocked that I remembered them, but I would never forget opportunities for food!  I also got to meet the Poodles' peeps.  Tiffy stays there when her 'rents go on vacation.  Uncle Gerry made everyone pizza.  I heard it was delicious but sadly Tiffy and I didn't get any.  I guess I can't complain since we did get a few nibbles of healthier fair.  Hey, food is food, right?!?

Anyway, before we knew it, we were out like a light.  Tiffy was perched on a pillow in the family room and I was on dad's lap.


But dad did wake me up for the strike of midnight and I was none to happy (as you can see by my irritated expression)!


Thankfully we were off to bed.  And in the morning, Tiffy and I got the most awesome snack...BACON!!  Just a tiny bite, but it was heaven!  So after our peeps finished breakfast, we all got ready to watch some football.


Even though the Bears were out of the playoff hunt, Tiffy let me wear her cheer-leading dress so I could root on my team in proper style.


It was so much fun hanging with my girl, Tiffy, that I didn't want to leave!


But mom and dad said it was time to go home, so we hit the road again and made the boring trek home.  I was so tired from all of my adventures that I slept the entire way home...except to have dinner of course!  Thanks to Tiffy and her super nice peeps for all of their hospitality.  Can't wait to see you all again soon!  Oh, and just look what they got me!  A Chicago pillow!  We just love it.  Thanks so much!


Well, I thought I'd be done with the Holiday Rewind after a full 10 days worth of posts, but I have one more for Monday to catch you up on a few miscellaneous things.  Until then, have a great weekend!

Love,
Payton

22 comments:

Gracie the Agility Pug said...

You girls are sooooo adorable in you jammies! And the cheerleading outfit is perfect.

Tiffy said...

We had the BEST time on New Year's Eve! I think we should celebrate every year, don't you?

Thanks again to you and your peeps for everything. My peeps are still devouring the cheeses and nuts. And, of course, I am still rocking my jammies!

Can't wait to see you again!

Tiffy

Tamara Watson said...

Payton, I can't believe how much I'm learning about pug clothing from reading your blog. Prior to, I had no idea that there were pugjamas and now cheerleading outfits! I'm starting to think Rupert has be getting neglected. ;)

Idaho PugRanch said...

This has been so much fun reliving your Christmas and New Years adventures with you Payton. You are so lucky to be soo loved and spoiled. Hope this new year is wonderful for you and yours.
puglove from
Bailey and Hazel

Sabrina PugTails said...

Now I can see why you had to do these posts over several days. I think I'd sleep for a month after all the adventures you packed into your holiday.
Licks,
Sabrina

Sammy and Neko said...

Love love love the cheerleader's outfit. Great adventure, great friendship. Can't wait to hear more on Monday. Have a great weekend to you too.

Lovies

Sammy

Southern Fried Pugs said...

The cheer leader outfit is too cute!
Didn't realize how much of your caboose was exposed in the pugjamas! Might need to alter the pattern a bit.
Did Tiffy's fit okay?

Suki said...

Hi Payton,

I wish I could have been there sporting my pink skully Jammie's. What a great time!

You sure had a great Christmas!

Hugs,
Suki

Michelle + Myko said...

Such great pics! I also feel the need to be in the front seat every single time I am in the car. It is nice to know I am not alone in this matter. Have a great weekend!

Crabbie Chris said...

He he you two chics are party animals. You look so funny when your dad woke you at midnight. I know that one day I too will meet Tiffy. She knows how to have a good time for sure.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Payton
Happy Days again! I love the jammies you and Tiffy have - they are sooo cute! And you were adorable modeling the jersey.
What a wonderful time you all had, including a bit of bacon! How lucky you both were!
Thanks for sharing !
love
tweedles

Buddy said...

Once again, It looks like you had super fun!!!!!
I love how you and Tiffy are looking at one another in the first pugjama party! haha
You were totally out on your daddy's lap too!!!
I'm sorry you whined in the car, I can't believe your prison guard is immune!

Minnie and Mack said...

Payton,

You are so adorable in your pugjamas! We really need to get a pair for each of us. Your little bottom cut-out is sooo cute! We are tired just reading about all your fun adventures over the holidays but really love seeing and reading about it. It makes our lives look very boring!

Love and kisses,
Minnie and Mack

Rumpydog said...

Hello Tiffy! It's nice to meet you! Sounds like the most awesome trip Payton. You ROCK in that cheerleader outfit!

Jaco said...

These are some of the best pics ever - are you giving your dad good directions in the picture where it looks like you're talking? We're in Chicago too - glad you come visit the fair city!

Opaka said...

The cuteness of your two in PJs is incredible!

Bunk said...

Oh, look at those jammies/pillow/the works!!!! Looking good. Tiffy is a cutie as well!

Tucker and Lola said...

Payton I knew as soon as I saw that pink tree where you were at! How lucky you are to have spent some time at Tiffy's pink palace. I do have to say you make a great cheerleader.

Pug Slope said...

Hi Payton! Oh man I can't believe all the stuff you and Tiffy got up to! It's clear to me that in the car you were just seeking out the most comfortable bolster (which happened to be you dad's shoulder... hee hee). I love those photos of you two in your pug jammies. You also look totally cute in that bears cheerleader outfit! Hubba hubba!
Love,
Sid.

Archie and Melissa said...

hi payton!
oh my gosh how fun and you got to see tiffy and her mom and dad too!
your post made our whole day!
xoxoxo
m & a

Frank The Tank said...

Awwwww Payton!
I love your New Year celelbrations! You are so amazingly adorable in your pugjamas! Your adventures over the holiday season have been so much fun to read and I love each and every photo! You always look happy Payton!!!
I love that you saw Tiffy and I guessed right seeing that pink tree! You had so much fun! Wahoo! Love, Licks and Big Puggy hugs from your friend Frank xxxxxxxxx

moPSY+MISIOber said...

Payton how great is this !!! what a wonderful day you and Tiffy had !! so many nice people and yummy food. We love you girls in your pugjamas :) Thank you for share it with us !! lots of love Fredzik Zuzia Pucia and mom :)