Tuesday, September 6, 2011

An evening walk

A few Sundays ago the weather was so beautiful that mom and dad decided to take me for a walk around the block.  I was just getting going after rounding the first turn.


I thought the camera was a treat again.


There was something extra smelly on this tree.  I couldn't get enough of it.  But mom and dad eventually tugged my away.  After rounding the third corner (below), you can tell that the sun is setting even further and it's getting darker.  It's hard to tell in the picture, but I am balancing on the curb with 3 of my four legs.  Sometimes it's better to do a stretch smell than to get too close!

Steady now...steady!
Now after the forth and last corner, it's quite dark...almost too dark for pictures.  But the sky just looks so pretty that I decided to post these anyway.

home sweet home
Come on dad, time to go inside so I can get a treat!
It was so much fun having them both with me.  So many neat smells and yards to explore.  I can't wait for our next walk!  I think mom and dad need the exercise anyway.  Heehee!

I hope everyone is enjoyed the long holiday weekend and had a great Labor Day with family and friends!

Love,
Payton

PS.  My mom wanted me to ask for prayers.  I have a nasty ear infection and am feeling a bit under the weather.  The medication is starting to work a bit, but I could use a little extra healing power.  Thanks for the support!

14 comments:

Southern Fried Pugs said...

Prayers coming your way, Payton. Glad you could get a walk in this weekend!

Meredith LeBlanc said...

Lots of good vibes to you pretty Payton!

We love walks, except when it's raining like it is today...

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Mia said...

Sending the Power of the Paw your way!!! We hope you feel better soon!!

~kisses~

Mia

moPSY+MISIOber said...

My Fredzio also love go to new palces with lots of new smells :)
As always you look too cute Payton, I'm sending you good juju, and hope your ear will feel much better soon. Kisses Gosia

Gracie the Agility Pug said...

Lick that ear infection!!! I love your "home sweet home" photo.

Pug Slope said...

That sounds like a nice walk, Payton. We don't have a yard, so I have to go on 3 walks a day just to take care of business. I agree that one of the best parts about walks are all the smells. Sometimes my parents have to tug me away from a good smell, too. I guess they just don't understand how good a rotten apple core smells to a pug.

I get ear infections from time to time and they stink. I hope yours clears up right away. My parents and I will send you good juju (as Puglet says).

-Love, Sid.

P.S. I admire your amazing sniff-balancing skills!

a boy a girl and a pug said...

pug loves his walks and thankfully we had are first one in forever this weekend it was just beautiful! hope that nasty ear infection takes it's own hike.

Anonymous said...

I love my evening walks in the summer and fall. I love that the tempurature is cool enough that I don't overheat. And I love that there are very few cars/people/dogs out so I can sniff all the ymmy smells in peace.
Power of the paw coming your way for that ear infection to mosey on down the road.
Licks,
Sabrina

Suki said...

Hi Payton,
Sending positive vibes your way to make your ear feel better.

I like your stretch-sniff technique. Looks like doggie yoga.

Hugs,
Suki

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Payton we hope your ear gets better and you feel happier!

Wilma said...

Hi Payton, thanks for taking us on your walk. We live on a dead end street now, so our walks get a little boring. That's why I like rides to places to walk.
I sure hope your ear feels better soon. All this humidity Is wreaking havoc in our folds.
Mom got your email, she just got all busy and now it is buried in with the thousands of mails she has. We are trying to go to Ellie's birthday in October, so if we can, we would love to see you then!
I also would love for you to do a guest wisdom post. It could be about anything you want. Be silly, be serious, whatever! Just email my mom when ever you are ready!
Hugs,
Wilma

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Payton
I am sending powe of the paws healing vibes to your ears.
I hate ear problems too! So, I hope the medicines get to working soon.
Healing bubbles are on their way.
Your walk looks so fun,,, so many new smells and all. But best of all is having your mom and dad with you.
love
tweedles

Eddie the Pug and his Mom said...

You are such a cutie pie and those new pix are a m a z I n g ! Hope your ears are feeling better soon :)
Snortles from,
Eddie the Pug

Minnie and Mack said...

Oh no, we are so sorry to hear about the ear problem. Hope you have good medicines and lots of crossed paws to help it get better real soon. We enjoyed your walk pictures. We haven't been for a walk in about 5 days, lots and lots of rain!

Drools and licks,
Minnie and Mack