Tuesday, September 27, 2011

D.I.Y. pug

I've "hired" dad to insulate and dry wall the garage this fall so it stays nice and toasty when I go there to, um, take care of business this winter.  For some weird reason the cold weather increases the frequency of my PDE related "bathroom" seizures.  To avoid this, mom and dad got me a Porch Potty to use in the garage when it drops below 50 degrees.  Our first order of business was to price-check the material, so a couple of weeks before our Chicago trip, I got to accompany them to Home Depot!

I own this place!
Me and mom doing some shopping.
Me and dad on the way to the dry wall department.
Dad is wearing his Chicago Bears Walter PAYTON t-shirt!
Me and dad pricing the insulation.
I had so much fun!  If I can't be eating or sleeping or playing, then shopping is my next choice.  But I haven't even gotten to the best part of this day...  Everyone was hungry; we were about 20 minutes from home and it was 5 minutes till lunch, but they didn't bring my food.  I know, the nerve!  But they made up for it big time, cause before I knew it, we were in the drive-thru line.  Mom and dad got McCheesy Pounders!  And they gave me some of the meat and cheese to tide me over till we got home!  Can you believe it?!?  Salinger, I finally got one!  Oh, I was in heaven!  I wish there was a picture to remember the occasion by, but mom wasn't about to try and juggle the camera while trying to keep me away from her burger in the car.  I'm not afraid to admit that at the first opportunity I would have snagged that McCheesy Pounder faster than you could say "Super Size me"!  I almost can't stop talking about it, but I better since I've got more to share.

So as if this wasn't a good enough day, after dinner, mom and dad and Gampy and Gammy took me to a yummy frozen custard joint called Bobby's!  And dad let me taste a cashew and then lick from his bowl when he was done!  Again there is no picture for obvious reasons.  But here's a cool picture of me and dad in front of the dessert paradise (that's my Gampy in line wearing the pinkish t-shirt and dark shorts over my dad's right shoulder).


I love doing stuff with mom and dad.  I wish that all places would allow us pugs.  After all, we are almost human (sometimes more so than some people are).  Anyway, all this thought of manual labor has got me tired.  I think I'll take a nap now.  Got to rest up for all that supervising I'll be doing this weekend...

Love,
Payton

PS.  I just have to get this off of my chest...I HATE BLOGGER!  I had this post scheduled for publishing at 7 this morning Central time and it still wasn't showing up in my Reading List on the Dashboard.  For the past month or two the delay has only been an hour or two at most.  I know this has happened to a few of you too, and it sucks!  So frustrating!  I finally gave up waiting and just manually re-published it.  UGH!!  Does anyone know what may be causing this issue?

17 comments:

Minnie Moo said...

Wow Payton, you need your own HGTV show for sure.

Muah,

Minnie Moo

Pug Slope said...

I've never been to a Home Depot before. You look like you had a great time riding around in that cart (I see you brought your little carpet along so you could ride in style!).

That's so sweet that you got a McCheesy. I don't know exactly what that is but, man, does it sound delicious. I bet it was as good as the Baconator that Puglet talks about. Any ideas as to how I convince my 'rents to get me one? They always say I can't have certain things because of my extreme allergies, but I think that's just an excuse to keep me away from the finer things in life!

Well, I'll keep my paws crossed that your dad forgot to get a few things from the store so you'll get to do another trip and get some more McCheesy goodness.

-Love, Sid.

Anonymous said...

Payton, I had my first McCheezy burger this weekend. Heaven on a bun. That fozen custard sure sounds yummy. I'd be happy with licking the bowl.
Licks,
Sabrina

Minnie and Mack said...

OMP! McCheesys for you! We've never had one and probably never will because of my stupid diet...
Mack has been to Home Depot and goes on and on about all the attention he gets. I don't like strangers so it's ok if he goes.
Maybe hu-mom will let me lick a custard cup, there couldn't be much bad stuff in it left!

Please post pictures of your garage potty spot. Sounds interesting.
We're having the same problem with Blogger. Hu-mom went back and published a post after many hours of not showing up as scheduled.

Drools and licks,
Minnie and Mack

Gracie the Agility Pug said...

You need your own home improvement show! Millions would watch.

You're so lucky. My mom makes me, gasp, pee in the cold and rain. I would love to go in a toasty garage.

As for the drive-thru action - way to score!

We love reading about your adventures here at our house.

Southern Fried Pugs said...

You are one lucky pug! We wish we had a garage so we didn't have to go outside in the cold!
We are a Lowe's family here, but it sure is fun shopping!

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

I love going to Home Depot! Mom thinks pugs in a cart are super cute! Hope your new contractor build a good potty porch!

Hugs
Sequoia

Vito and Gina said...

Aw man! I have never been to Home Depot! I didn't know I was allowed. I will be taking that up with Mom ASAP. And I have also never had a McCheesyburger OR frozen custard even though those are 2 of Mom's favorite things. What gives?

AND come to find out my Mom even went to Murdoch Perk on Saturday and DID NOT TAKE ME WITH HER! Do you think if I take a taxi to Illinois I could find your house?

Later!
Vito (and definitely not Vinny because for some reason he actually LIKES it here)

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Payton
Your day was perfect,, riding in the cart at Home Depot, and then eating a Mc cheesy. I do not know what that is. Once I got a french fry.
I think it is sooo cool that your dad is going to make an inside potty area for you!

We once experimented with letting a post publish at a designated time,, it did not work, and we never tried it again.
Were not brave to try stuff anymore
love
tweedles

Wilma said...

Holy moly Payton, that potty area is going to be better than homes of the rich and famous. That porch potty looks really interesting. I like to walk all over the whole yard for the perfect spot to do business. I wonder if I would be able to use such a small patch? But, to avoid getting my paws wet, it might just work!
Then all that other fab fun. Girl, you know how to party!
Mom has been so behind in helping me blog it is always the publish now option these days. Plus if we use the iPad, we have to use blogpress. Their options are limited, and don't include scheduling posts.

Chicas Libelulas said...

Hola Payton!
Wilmas right that Porch Potty look so WOnderfull, we can't complain, the most we get is rain, and we have covered porch so that were we do our buisnees no wet feet!!
The DIY Payton Show sounds good,we are so glad you tried a McCheesy Burger, Salinger is the best at food Critic!1 he know his food! What a great Family you have, that love you so much!!
Bechos
Spongy, Licky & Patrick

Anonymous said...

Hi Payton! I blog at Wordpress so I can't help you with your scheduling question. I really like your pics. And I had never heard about PDE before. If you're ever interested, I'd love for you to share some info with my readers. Thanks!

Meredith LeBlanc said...

SO far we've been very lucky auto posting with the automatic poster thingy on Blogger, knock on wood. The only time it didn't work was when we forgot to hit the publish button to "set" the posting time.

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

P.S. I had to distract Scarlet during the McCheezy part...Miss Thing doesn't need to know about those.

Archie and Melissa said...

oh my gosh!
shopping, mcCheesies and ice cream?
that is a perfect day payton!
we are smiling from ear to ear!
xoxoxo

Frank The Tank said...

Hi Payton, I think that you look super cute in your shopping cart, I have never been in one but it looks like so much fun! You will have to post photos of your indoor potty, Mum says she loves that idea! I have never had a mccheesey but I had a nibble of my Mums burger king once! It looks like you had such a nice day. You are totally a DIY Pug! Love, Licks and pHUGS Frank x x x x x

Suki said...

Hi Payton,

I love Home Depot too! Especially the smell of the lumbar isle. Minnie Moo has it right, HGTV is missing out, you need your own show.

Grrrr at the blogger & I don't growl. Blogger takes 5, yes, 5 hours to post my blog on the dashboard. I don't understand.

Hugs,
Suki

Hank said...

Wow, honey! That's a perty nifty terlit ya got!

Man, oh man....this post's got all my fav'rit things: hardware stores, frozen treats, cheeseboogers, an' YOU!