Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Hunt for the Next Top Bolster

From early on Payton always made sure her head was propped up on something. I don't know if she learned it from seeing us use pillows in bed (yeah, she was that smart) or if it's just pug instinct.  Regardless, she was always adorable resting her head on some kind of bolster.

~~~~~~~~~~

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know that I love a good chin support, or bolster.  In fact, recently I showed you how I love to lay my head against the armrest of our loveseat in my post Crazy Couch Sleeper.  This got me to thinking about the other things in the house that I can use as a bolster.

Let's start out with the obvious choices like a pillow (quite a while back I actually did an entire post dedicated to my love of pillows aptly named Pillow Girl).


My Bowser Donut bed, always a favorite, is surrounded by a bolster for my head AND feet.


Body parts can be relaxing too.

Shin/knee area
Arm
Thigh/knee area
Yeah, mom is pretty comfortable.  Her stomach isn't bad either, but no pictures of that yet.  I've even sleep-barked while resting on her and lucky mom had her phone handy so she got it on film.


Now onto some ideas that might be a little more obscure.  Like the floor cushion.  You might think to lay on them, but then your head wouldn't be supported, and that just won't do!


Or how about an overstuffed toy?



Lastly, and perhaps the most difficult is a jumbled blanket.  It is so hard to get it just right with the correct amount of "shelf" dimensions.



Regardless of the type of head rest that works best for you, don't forget to live as my good friend Sid says and the world can be your bolster too!

Love,
Payton

~~~~~~~~~~

Like the other recent posts, all of these pictures were taken in 2012, some even a week or two before she passed away.  I've been sorting through old fashioned prints, collecting some oldies but goodies to scan and share with you all later.

Thanks for all of your continued support and prayer through this very difficult time.  I am trying my best to get through each day, but it is tough adjusting to life without my girl.  I like reliving these memories and being able to continue to share Payton, but the tears keep rolling down my cheeks...they are just easier to hide in cyberspace.

Love,
Christy

15 comments:

tubby3pug said...

Seems like most pugs love to rest the chin, our bulldog does too so maybe its the breeds with the larger heads. Im so glad you have these beautiful memories of your little girl

urban hounds

Sammy and Neko said...

Hugs to you, Christy. All those Payton's pics are funny and cute. Makes me smile and be little leaky. Sammy's fav bolster is my neck.... Thank you for sharing her memories with us.

Sammy and Neko's human

Minnie and Mack said...

It must be a pug/puggle thing...Mack likes body parts best, Minnie likes pillows.

We miss Payton, too! Love the pictures.

Drools and licks,
Minnie and Mack

Meredith LeBlanc said...

I love the pictures Christy. I admire your courage to look through them all and share them ~ I know this is such a raw time. But it's so nice to see Payton and her funny ways, and how such simple things bring such joy.

I wrote this blog shortly after my Nicki passed:
http://www.ponderingyogini.org/2010/04/healing.html

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Eddie the Pug and his Mom said...

My mom and I are glad you are writing about Payton because we love to watch her antics and hear her "voice". There are so many wonderful stories, and we miss her too...
Hugs to all of you,
Eddie the Pug

Kelly said...

I love seeing these posts pop up. Her sweet face makes my days better. I believe Payton is probably surrounded by bolsters of all sorts right this very second, wishing we could all see how well she is now.

Sending continued hugs your way.

Unknown said...

Payton and me are too of a kind, I love to snuggle up too.
best wishes

Noodles said...

Pugsonally Payton (I know its her Mommy) I prefer to rest my chin on my Mommys - even if it us just a hand or a toe! They are the most comfortablist.
Love Noodles

Sabrina PugTails said...

I love having a pillow while I sleep. Sadly, I am often denied this as the humans complain that I snore if my head is propped up.
Licks,
Sabrina

Tweedles -- that's me said...

I like to do that to with my head propped up on stuff.
We thank you for sharing memories with us during this time as we all heal together.
Your heart needs to do what feels best.
We all miss Payton too
love
tweedles

Pug Slope said...

Oh yes, Miss P and I certainly shared a love for bolsters. Laying your head flat on the ground is for suckers.

The body bolster is by far the best. This weekend while my dad was away, I slept on my mama all weekend. At one point she was getting hungry and was considering getting up to get some food but I just did a big stretch (which she thinks is adorable) and she stayed pinned on the couch for another hour. I guess it was a little selfish on my part, but there's not much I won't do to maintain a good head-rest.

Those sure are some cute photos of Payton.

-Love,
Sid.

Julie said...

I am sorry for your loss. Losing a loved one is hard. Payton was a beautiful dog. I lost my Boston terrier in June and in Oct I adopted a 6yr old a rescue pug. My Bostons never sleep barked but my pug does every time he sleeps. I always thought it was odd that he did it so much and I also thought he was having nightmares maybe from his former life. Thank you for posting Paytons video of her sleep barking. Now I know he isn't having nightmares every time I feel better.

Kitty+Coco said...

Oh Christy..it is ok to have tears. Totally understandable.We are all sure glad you decided to do these posts though. The second pic is so adorable, with Payton all lounging about. Coco sleep barks too, but it sounds like she is drinking her mama's milk sort of. Odd but cute.

Kitty+Coco

Rae - Say It Aint So said...

she is so sweet. especially propping up her head on that blanket! my girl phyllis has to have the chin prop. sometimes she'll even stand up, so she can rest her chin on something she can't reach while lying down.

Frank The Tank said...

This post is too cute! There are no other words to describe it! Such relaxation and snuggles! I absolutley adore all the photos of Payton here! I'm a snuggle puggy, I cant get enough of it! Love, Licks and Hugs from your friend Frank xxxxxxxxx