Thursday, April 19, 2012

March of the Penguin

As you all have seen in previous posts, Payton was such a toy killer.  For such a long time after she first came down with PDE, there didn't seem to be a toy on the planet to spark her interest.  Mainly I think she just didn't feel comfortable in her body, but once she got used to all of the medications, it was game on.  We were so excited when she picked up a toy out of the blue and wanted to play.  What a happy day that was!

~~~~~~~~~~

I am always excited to get a new toy, especially if it's a skinneez.  Mom and dad delivered with this cool penguin.  Right away my animal instincts took over, and I made sure it knew who was boss around here!




This skinneez has one of those "non-destructible" squeakers, but that just made me try even harder to kill it.  Check out this video of me in action.  (Sorry for the loud background noises...dad was doing the dishes and putting away some pots and pans.)


Sometimes breaking in a new toy can be exhausting.



But I'd say after a full hour of battle, I deserved a little nap.  After all, I did just get more exercise than mom does in a week!  Hehee!

Love,
Payton

~~~~~~~~~~

Payton loved to dig for her toys under blankets and in her bed.  She never quite mastered a perfect football hike, but came close a few times.  Her favorite game of hide and seek was with her Cuz.  If she got bored with simply playing fetch with it, all I had to do was squeak it under the blankie on her bed to get her going.  It got tougher to play as her eyesight declined.  We never wanted her to get to frustrated if she couldn't find it, but she was always eager to keep looking.  It still amazes me how much perseverance such a little dog can have.  I wish I was more like Payton.  She was such a bright light in my life and still her spirit shines.

Love,
Christy

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I havent seen the penguin ones - I have to get one for Haylie - that is so cute and we love those stuffies.
RIP Miss P, take care of my Fred for me. xo

Sammy and Neko said...

Love Love Love the pic of her sleeping with the penguin. I know the joy of watching your pug(s) play with chew toys. Sammy came with one non functional eye (puppy mill abuse), didn't know what those toys are for. When she picked up a toy and played for a min or so, we all went nut-z-o happy. These pictures makes me smile. Thank you again for sharing these.
ps. where did you meet your husband, Christy? I want one of these who can do dishes !!

M - human of Sammy and Neko

Meredith LeBlanc said...

Wow! I'm very impressed that penguin mastered the pug sleeping pose, and it looks like Miss P is giving penguin a kiss :)

I don't know that Scarlet had many or any toys before she took over our house, but now she just loves them! And usually, true to pug style, she has to get them out all at once and yaps orders at them.

And we think Tim should start a world wide dish washing tour.

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Michelle + Myko said...

My mom loves the first pic with her pug mug all smooshed. She occasionally interrupts me while I am destroying a toy to kiss me! It is soooo embarrassing while I am in the middle of showing my new toy who is boss.

This post made me want to read the older post where Payton gives a tutorial on how to handle her toys. So I did, and it made my morning. Again:)

Pug Love!

Unknown said...

You made me smile and think of squirrel chasing.
Best wishes Molly

a boy a girl and a pug said...

precious girl!! i keep thinking of y'all and praying for you. i know you must miss her terribly!!

Eddie the Pug and his Mom said...

The penguin is way cuter than my raccoon!

Mary Ann said...

I came very late to knowing Payton, but these stories of her are so very wonderful, and so like our own pug girls, that I have cried and cried. We'll plant some pink flowers here too, in Kansas, in her memory.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Payton let those toys know who was boss- that is for sure!
love
tweedles

Minnie and Mack said...

We always enjoy seeing Payton in action!

Love,
Minnie and Mack