Friday, April 13, 2012

Laundry Day

I think there were three primary reasons that Payton loved to "help" me with the laundry.  She loved to lay on clothes straight out of the dryer, the warmer the better.  Given her obsession with sun bathing and heater vents, that probably comes as no surprise.  But if *someone* didn't get to folding the clothes right away, she would keep her eye on the now cold pile and would eventually make her move, climbing to the top as she did in her post, On Top of Mount Sheets.  The higher the better.  Not sure if she had a Princess and the Pea syndrome (she had almost everything else on the planet) or just liked to survey her domain from the highest, most comfortable, vantage point.  Lastly I think she did it because she was unhappy that I wasn't focusing all of my attention on her.  At that moment in time, we weren't playing or eating or napping, so she would get in my way to let me know I'd better get with her program.  These are examples of each of her reasons from February of this year.

~~~~~~~~~~
  
A pug's work is never done.









I am exhausted!

Love,
Payton

~~~~~~~~~~

And I am very happy to say that I always succumbed to her wish.  The house chores suffered as a result, but I have no regrets about that.  No worries, I made sure we always had clean underwear.  :-)  

Love,
Payton

13 comments:

Minnie and Mack said...

Awww, how sweet. Our kitties like to sleep in the laundry basket full of warm, clean items! And of course, Minnie and Mack will be on top of a pile of anything clean or dirty, as long as it is soft!
Good thing about the underwear, LOL.

Drools and licks,
Minnie and Mack

PeeS: Although we are still having chilly weather, Payton's daisies are growing and thriving!

Meredith LeBlanc said...

A certain black pug likes to help with the laundry too. Sometimes she likes to shake it out for me, and other times she likes to iron it by lying on it. Silly puggies.

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

tubby3pug said...

Our dogs and cats are big into helping make the bed on laundry day too

urban hounds

Michelle + Myko said...

I totally understand the warm laundry thing, I barely let my mom get the basket in the house before I attempt to jump in it.

I love that she was there each step of the way. After seeing how Payton took charge of her toys, I can understand her desire to keep the rest of the house under her order and command (especially if that meant stopping all chores and paying attention only to her:)

Pug Love!

Sammy and Neko said...

She is such a good helper : )
Glad humans got some clean underwear~
Have a great weekend.

Hugs

Idaho PugRanch said...

I (Hazel) love to help "make" the bed. I grab the sheets and roll around and try to get underneath while mom is trying to put them on. I think it is funny, mom not so much.
pughugs from
Bailey & Hazel

Pug Slope said...

I lurve piles of laundry, too. I'm not too particular, though - I'll take it warm or cold, dirty or clean. I think the stinkier it is, the more I like it. :)

-Love,
Sid.

P.S. I just HAD to go back to your Mount Laundry post - that photo of you perched way up at the apex is HI-LAR-EEE-USSS!

Kitty+Coco said...

Clean underwear is all you need! We sure do miss Miss P. I tend to agree that the queen was letting you know the house priorities. We like the dirty laundries. The smellier the better to root around in. Particularly towels..don't judge us :)

Kitty+Coco

Hank said...

Christy, honey....clean underwear is overrated if ya ass me.

I sure do miss that sweet gal, an' I'll bet yer laundry never smelt better than when Miss P. wallered on it.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

I think Payton inspected everything to make sure everything was done properly.
Our kittys love the nice warm laundry too
love
tweedles

Rumpydog said...

So what if housework got delayed. Enjoying time with Payton was certainly worth it.

Bunk said...

Aww Payton, you were such a helper! It looks like you were awesome at folding laundry. All I can do is chew on it.

Frank The Tank said...

I am the same, I love nothing more than to "help" Mum with her laundry and snuggle up in the warm cosey freshly dryed clothes and bed sheets! I love the third photo of Payton, it made me laugh so much, it looks like the clothes are a little too hot and she has gone "eeek!" such a strange position! Hee,Hee! Such wonderful memories of such a wonderful angel! xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Love and Pugs from your friend Frank!