Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A few announcements...

It seems like my short statement about announcements in yesterday's post got everyone excited, but I should say right now, that it's not about a new pug or anything so I hope no one is disappointed.  I like to hear the bad news first, so I'll start with that.

These last two weeks worth of posts that Payton "helped" me write have been bittersweet.  The commentary was hard to write, but I'm sad they are over.  Although I could go on for years telling you all about so many great memories, I don't have any more new pictures to share.  So with a lot of thought, I have decided to publish Pugnacious P's last regular blog post this Friday.  I just think it's time to move on and discover what the next chapter of my life is.

But don’t worry, I am not leaving all of you, my dear friends.  I just love all of your blogs!  I will likely create a new profile and start making comments again...I just hope I remember to sign my name.  During this difficult time, I have enjoyed staying up to date on all of your fun.  In fact, Tim and I hope to share some of that fun with you.  I finally took the plunge and have created a Facebook account, with the profile name Payton Boostrom in memory of my angel, to keep in touch with some of you that aren't on Blogger very often (please send me a "friend request" on FB if you are interested) and...drum roll please...to organize our “Remembering Payton Blogville Tour”!  Payton just loved to travel and go on adventures, and she liked, ok tolerated, meeting awesome people (treat givers) and pugs, so we are going to continue doing just that in her honor.  It will be a celebration of her wonderful life.  Please don't feel bad if we can't make it to your part of the country, or world for that matter.  It might be hard since everyone is so spread out, but it will be fun trying.  Let me know if you will be participating in a 1000 Pugs photo-shoot as that might be a good way to see many with a single trip.  We can’t wait to start making plans!

Speaking of 1000 Pugs, we've decided that our trip to Milwaukee during the 1k Pugs and Pugfest weekend is still on.  I am heartbroken over the fact that Payton is not around to super model for Miss Amanda and that she will not be there to meet all of the wonderful Pugfest organizers.  I had even purchased a new harness and matching bandanna custom embroidered with her name and "PDE Survivor" for Payton to wear on this trip.

I took this picture the Monday before Payton passed away.  She was not happy that I was delaying lunch, so it's not the best, but it's the only one we have of her all decked out in her new harness and bandanna.
It will be a tough weekend, but we really wanted to be there since Pugfest has been so supportive in our cause to raise awareness of PDE, and we will do it for Payton.  Gampy will be there to make sure Tim and I steer clear of the adoption areas.  We are suckers for those sweet smushed faces and just know one might steal our heart, but it's just too soon for us...we are not ready to commit ourselves again just yet.  Anyway, let me know if you'll be there, or just wave when you see me.  I'll be the girl wearing the pink bandanna.

Please stop by the rest of the week for a couple of very special posts.

Love,
Christy

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Christy - I will look for yall on facebook. I know its hard in regards to posting - I never pre wrote any posts so I was left with nothing when Fred passed away. I like you thought about closing down Hound Girl and starting over and I might just still do that, im torn every day if I shoudl post a memory and an old pic or just not talk about him. I think your new adventures sound great!! You will know when the right dog comes along for yall :)

Frank The Tank said...

Hi, I would love you to visit my part of the world! That would be an adventure for you!
Im not on facebook sorry so will have to look for your new blog! I have loved reading all the memories that you and Payton shared and have enjoyed every moment since I first found you, I am glad that you are all feeling a bit better, but you will heal in time and the memory of your little angel will forever be in your heart and mine! She was truely wonderful and I still cant believe that she is gone! I look forward to hearing from you soon! Maybe one day you will have a new Puggy to care for, maybe not, time will tell and one day you might find another pug who needs your help just as Payton did and then you will know that it is the right thing for you to do! All my love and prayers to you and your family, Love from Frank, Jemma and Malo xxxxxxxxxxx

Punchbugpug said...

I think you know already that we will be at Pugfest. We were truly looking forward to meeting Payton too and I can imagine the weekend will have hard moments! It is sad to see so many bloggers post that final post, but I'm sure with all your wonderful information about PDE people will be visiting her blog for a long time to come! We look forward to sharing your next great adventures and what life has in store for you!!! It's time to look forward....Payton would want it that way!

Meredith LeBlanc said...

I love this picture of Payton in her PDE bandanna ~ it shows her beautiful tenacity.

We'll keep our paws and fingers crossed that we'll meet you in the northeast for 1000 Pugs. Until then, we'll see you on FB!

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Sammy and Neko said...

See you in Minneapolis, Christy : ) Love your profile pic on FB. You and Payton both look great !

Lovies

Leigh-Ayn Absolom said...

Dear Christy and Tim
Thank you so much for sharing Payton with me and the world. I must admit when I read your initial post about losing your beautiful girl I cried and cried. All the posts subsequent must have been bitter sweet and taken strength and courage. I would love to be friends on Facebook. God Bless. Leigh-Ayn

Chfnman said...

Hell, I won't be able to steer them anywhere, I'll already be at the adoption center! :)

Gampy

Minnie and Mack said...

With weepy eyes,again, we read this post. We still miss being a part of Payton's blog life.
We hope you all will make it to our part of the country to visit us one day.
God certainly has a wonderful plan still left for you. Something exciting, but Payton will always be apart of you.

Love and Kisses,
Minnie, Mack and Kathy

Mia said...

Can't wait to see you all at Pugfest!! It won't be the same without Miss Payton, but we're so glad you're still coming. Don't be so quick to avoid the adoption areas. I'm convinced our fur babies know the plan better than we do and steer us in the right direction. Mia came into rescue while we were "closed" to incoming pugs about a week before Lilo passed. I met Mia a week after losing Lilo and the connection was as immediate with her as with Lilo. Every time I look at Mia, I know I am honoring Lilo's memory by letting a pug in need into my heart. Just like when you got Payton, it will happen when its supposed and the right pug will find you at the right time!! <3

~hugs~

Jess & Mia

tubby3pug said...

I dont facebook much but I will certainly look you up! Your blogville tour sounds like a fantastic idea. WE are hoping to do 1000 pugs, we are supposed to sign up Mayt 1 so if we get in at least one of our pugs will be photographed.

I think your attitude about losing Payton is really wonderful and once again you are model pet owners, showing us all how to deal with the loss of our beloved kiddos

urban hounds

Unknown said...

Christy we will look for you on Facebook. What a beautiful tribute to your angel girl, we've enjoyed reading every memory you share of Payton. I hope you will keep sharing them with us. I hope the cure to this devastating disease comes very soon. My heart goes out to every pet owner who has gone through this journey. I know each step was very difficult, but I treasure every moment I had with my Winnie Wiggles, and I know your time with Payton and your memories are more precious than gold.
xoxoxo with love from me and the spoiled rotten fatties in Flower Mound, TX, Howie, Java, Annie and Hannah Banana

Idaho PugRanch said...

Dear Christy,
We also have loved every beautiful post honoring your angel Payton. Trust your heart, you and Tim will know when the time is right for another furbaby.
We are not on facebook but will look for your new blog! Sure wish we lived anywhere near a 1000 pugs shoot, but if you ever find yourself traveling through southeast Idaho someday we would love to meet you!

PugHugs and Prayers
Bailey, Hazel and Linda

Eddie the Pug and his Mom said...

With tears in my eyes and a heavy heart, I have read all of the posts honoring your Precious Payton. If you come to CA, let me know...Pug Sunday in SF is a blast!
Miss Amanda and Puglet might even be there:)
I am in the 1000 Pugs book too...yay!

Eddie the Pug and his Mom said...

Pee Ess...
Check out Pugslope bc Brian just painted my portrait with watercolors...amazing!
My momma just loves it:)

Idaho PugRanch said...

Read your post again and I guess we misread your words, would love if you started a new blog, but if you don't we will look forward to reading your comments as they will be filled with the same sweetness and humor that Payton always showed.
Bailey & Hazel

Buddy said...

we will be at pugfest too!!!!! I can't wait to MEET YOU ALL!!!! I'm so happy you will still be attending!!!!! YAY!!!!
I still cry over you losing your precious girl.......I can't imagine your heartbreak.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

You know how much Payton was a part of our lives. We are also left with a hole that is not being filled.
Your love shone through Payton, and the way that you loved all of us- human and furry- was a gift to us.
You filled a void that many of us have. Something about you through Payton touched all of us and made our worlds happy.
You changed a lot of our lives to see how love can make a difference, and we felt hope.
I know so many felt hope through Paytons blog.
Whatever you decide to do- we stand beside you.
We have facebook but have always
been so consumed by blogger- that we hardly ever post anything on the facebook. But we are glad to be friends with you!
Thank you again for the love you and your family showered on us- through Payton.
love
tweedles

moPSY+MISIOber said...

Christy thank you once again for fb invitation!!! I'm so glad we can stay in touch there:) if you and Tim one day decide to visit Europe, Poland or Germany please let me know:) and we still think about our Payton and love her so much! gosia

Michelle + Myko said...

Gampy you are too funny! Try and stay strong so you can keep them away from the adoption center:) We are so glad you going to keep up in the blogging world. We would miss you too much! The way you have honored Payton with these latest blog posts is simply beautiful. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of it.

Pug love

Elgor82 said...

We can't wait to meet you in Milwaukee next month! I wish we could have meet Payton. Zoe would have loved her!

Zoe said to tell you she can't wait to hang out with you but I have to warn you ... she will sneak food off your plate if your not watching!

Love, Ellen
Zoe, Peyton, Webster & Liberty

Tamara Watson said...

Shoot, I wish Rupert and I could go to Pugfest! When you come to Cali, let us know.

I must admit, I feel so sad that the last Pugnacious P blog post is eminent. It will no doubt be so difficult for you. However, knowing and thinking it's time to move on, is healthy. For me, it was always too easy to stay mired in the grief, which never does anyone any good.

As for dogs of the future, you will know when you know. Sometimes it takes a long time and sometimes not so long.

Tamara + Rupert