Monday, October 31, 2011

Trick or Treat?


Well, I'm not sure about all of you, but I feel like I was tricked this Halloween.  My mom kept saying no costume, and then a package arrives in the mail.  I got all excited because it was from my friend Tiffy and her momma, but then we opened it...  And here I am.  A witch.  A candy corn witch, that doesn't even have real candy corn pieces!



I must admit that when I tried it on and got a treat, I started to change my mind a bit about the costume thing.  Well, except for the hat.  I'm not fond of it.  Of course, it did get me even more treatage...actually you won't believe how many nibbles it took for my mom to get these pictures of me!  Anyway, it is a pretty cute getup, huh?  My mom says she changed her mind about dressing me up because of the colder weather and as it turned out, Tiffy's momma bought a costume that was too big for her.  I guess my mom figured since I've been sporting my t-shirts lately that a costume would be the festive way to keep me just as warm.  I am hoping that it gets me lots of extra treats tonight!  Thanks Tiffy, for the costume and the pep talk...I'll wear it proudly and soak up the attention from the trick-or-treaters tonight!

Anyway, as promised on Friday, let me waste no more time in getting to this year's carved pumpkin....TA-DA!


It's a pug!  Didn't my dad do such a great job (especially since we don't have those special carving kits/knives)?!?  So let me show you how I helped him do it...

Yummy!  Look at the size of this orange delight!
It smells so good!
Oh, and tastes even better!  Sid, you totally have to try it!
Dad, shouldn't we just give this thing to mom for cooking?
I am so much cuter!
Before I go, I have to tell you all about a special card I got in the mail.  My first Halloween card!  It is from Mack, of Minnie and Mack's Daily Digest!  *blush*  Isn't he sweet to think of me?!?  I just love getting mail, and I always try to open it myself.


I'm never all that successful, but mom helps.  I made sure she put this right on the fireplace hearth where I can see it anytime I want!


Thanks Mack, xoxo!  

Wishing you all a fun and safe Halloween filled with lots of treats, NOT tricks!  Happy Halloween!!

Love,
Payton

24 comments:

Tiffy said...

Girl! You look adorable in your costume! I'm so glad it fit me because there was no way I was wearing it.

I don't know how your mom gets to you pose but you look too cute in all the pictures. I especially like the one with you and the carved pumpkin. You are definitely cuter than any old orange fruit!

Mack is such a sweetie to send you a Halloween card. How very festive! I noticed you didn't show us the inside. Hmmm. Maybe not for our eyes, huh?

Tiffy

Unknown said...

Awww your costume is just adorable!! I love the picture with you next to the pumpkin, your dad did a great job and im sure you were a great helper :)

Gracie the Agility Pug said...

You look so cute in your costume. And your dad is very talented in the carving department.

Salinger The Pug said...

OMG Payton, you are the most fabulous Candy Corn Witch EVER! How sweet of Tiffy to send you a costume!!

Make sure to have your peeps take you to McD's dressed up like that...they'll give you a McCheesyBurger in your bucket for SURE!

WOW...dad's PUGKIN is awesome! Did you get to eat the guts????

Happy Halloween!

Love,
S-Dog

Pug Slope said...

Payton, you look AMAZING in your costume. It's really cute and you did so well in your photo shoot despite having to wear a hat. I'm also glad you used the whole situation to your advantage and got loads of treats - well done.

That pug-kin is really cool. You and your dad did a great job carving it. I think the part where you licked it clean was very essential. My lame-o 'rents did not get a pumpkin so I'll have to dream about how good it must have tasted.

And how nice of Mack to send you a Halloween greeting!

Glad you are having a great Halloween this year! In NY, Halloween got cancelled due to the insane snowstorm (at least that's what my 'rents are telling me).

-Love,
Sid.

Meredith LeBlanc said...

OMDog! That is the most awesome pugkin ever!!!! I think we're going to have to figure that out for next year.

And you looked adorable in your costume Payton!

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Elgor82 said...

Love the costume ... you are definitely a good witch! You and your dad did an awesome job carving that pumpkin! Happy Halloween!!!

Kari in Alaska said...

Happy Halloween :)

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
dogisgodinreverse.com

jen said...

That is just adorable!
Happy Halloween to you!

Mia said...

Payton, you are the most beautiful Candy Corn Witch I ave ever seen!! The costume is so worth all the treats and lovings you are going to get!! Soak it up girlfriend!!!

~kisses~

Mia

Noodles said...

Hi Payton,
You know - I learned LONG AGO that a costume = TREATS. So when Mommy makes or buys me clothes, I go along with it. Once the TREATS slow down - well let's just say you have never seen a costume abandoned so quickly!
You look so cute as a candy corn witch. And your PAPA'S PUGkin is incredible.
Love Noodles

moPSY+MISIOber said...

Oh Payton!!! I've never seen cuter pug girl !!! You look just adorable!!! And this hat toooooo cute!!! I'm glad you got all those treats because no treat here, Pucia ate 2 jaffa cakes without my permission, naughty girl!! She only spit the jelly!! So no treats here:)
And you pumpking is incredible!!! I'm really impressed by your Dad talent!! Good work!! Happy Halloween sweet witch:) love you Gosia:)

Frank The Tank said...

Happy Halloween Payton! You look soooooo cute as a candy corn witch, good enough for this puggy to nibble on you, you look so sweet! Speaking of sweeties it was so kind of Tiffy to send you the costume and do nice of Mack to send you a Halloween card, did it hold a trick or a very special treat inside?? Hmmm? I think that your Daddy is super talented to carve that wonderful Pugkin jack-o-lantern it looks just like you, only you are so much more cute! I love it! I hope you had a wonderfully spooktacular Halloween with lots of treats and ghosts and ghouls for frightening fun! Love and pHUGS Frank the pumpkin Tank x x x x x x

Suki said...

Happy Halloween Payton!

You look adorable in your outfit!

Hugs,
Suki

Anonymous said...

Hi Payton! Happy Halloween! You do look cute in your costume and your pumpkin ROCKS!

The Devil Dog said...

Wow, your dad did an awesome job on the pumpkin. You look adorable in your costume. Glad it got you lots of treats.

Roxy

Hank said...

Honey, you look just perttier than ever! An' I cannot buhLIEVE that punkin' yer dad did! Tell the ol' boy "good job".

Uh, now...ahem......who's this Mack fella?

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Payton
You are the cutest candy corn witch I ever did see! Your just so cute modeling even with the hat on. You are a born model!
That was so nice of Tiffy and her mom to send it to you!
And the carving your dad did,,, oh my gosh!!!
It is amazing! Your dad has big talent!
I love the photos of you with the carving too.
How sweet to get a card from Mack! WOW!
HAPPY SCARY NIGHT!
love
tweedles

dw said...

Payton, you look absolutely adorable in the candy corn witch costume!! I think it's much better than a tee shirt. And your dad did a great job of carving the pug pumpkin! Happy Halloween!

Southern Fried Pugs said...

Awesome costume and awesome pugkin! Your dad is so talented. Work that costume for as many treats as you can.

a boy a girl and a pug said...

Hahaha thats the sweetest candy corn i've ever seen. And oh my word some serious pumpkin carving talent going on...looks amazing!

Minnie and Mack said...

Oh, Payton, you are such a cute candy corn witch! Love the costume choice for you. Your dad did a great job on that pumpkin. It looks just like you. We had 3 pumpkins that we had carved on our front porch but the night before Halloween one of them was stolen! Can you believe that? and they even left the lid, ha ha ha.
Mack is wagging his little curly tail in delight that you liked his card and put it on your fireplace!

Drools and licks,
Minnie and Mack

Minnie Moo said...

But you are such a cute witch!

And that pumpkin is amazing. Mom tried to do a pumpkin and it didn't turn out nearly as good.

Muah,

Minnie Moo

Vito and Gina said...

Payton! Oh how we have missed you. You look pretty cool in that get-up but I'm with you on the hats! And you are waaaaaay cuter than that scary pumpkin! I don't like pumpkins. I bark at them.

And what's this I hear about you and Hank being boyfriend/girlfriend?? HMMMMM?

Later! Off to read more!
Vito