Monday, October 17, 2011

Indiana Pugs and the Party of Fun...part 1

As promised, I have to tell you all about my crazy weekend adventure!  I'm going to warn you right now, this post has a ton of pictures.  I hope that's a good thing.  Anyway, it all started early Saturday morning.  We drove forever, so I figured we must be going to Chicago.  And then finally we showed up at a house.  Well, the only house I've been to in Chicago was Tiffy's place, and this didn't smell like that.  But then who shows up at the door was none other than Tiffy herself and her mom!  I was so confused, and then I saw him...SALINGER!  He came running and gave us a waggly tailed greeting!  Oh, so we were in Indianapolis!  How cool is that?!?  We just had to take a group picture to remember our day together, but since it's almost impossible to corral 2 pugs, let alone 3, we took one with our moms.

Tiffy, Salinger, and me
Oh, and my Gammy and Gampy came along too!  They were so excited to meet Tiffy and Salinger.

Gampy, let me down!  I think Sal might be about to get some food!
And guess who else was there?  Maggie.  She's Salinger's good friend and frequent visitor.

dad and Maggie Dumplin'
We had tons of fun getting to know each other and taking over the house.  This was the closest we came to a group shot.

left to right:  Maggie, me, Tiffy, and Sal
See how we are kinda in a head to head, butt to butt cross formation?  Hehee!  Here's a cute picture of Tiffy having some words with Maggie, who was trying to steal her present from Salinger.

Tiffy and Maggie with Sal in the background
Yep, that's right...Salinger got Tiffy and I a bag of awesome goodies.  When we got home, mom let me go at it!


Do you see all of that loot?  A stuff-less raccoon (as you can see I went for that immediately!), 3 mini tennis balls, some dried sweet potato treats, a picture frame to put a pic of me and Sal in, and a blanket...you can never have enough binkies!  Thanks so much Salinger!!  I love it all!!

Ok, back to Saturday...  All of the humans got to partake in a lunch that Salinger's mom made.  It smelled so tasty, and mom said it was delicious!  We didn't really get any...well, except for the peas from Gammy and Gampy.  Yep, I made sure all of my friends knew to put on their best pug face and go beg for some treats at their end of the table.  Works every time for me!  But the best part of the meal was when Sal's mom brought out a cake...for Tiffy!

"That cake has my name all over it!  It looks so nom-a-licious!"
We celebrated Tiffy's birthday in style.  She made a wish, blew out the candle, and we ate cake!  Not only did Sal's mom make this yummy cake, but she picked me up so I could get a bird's eye view!

Oh my pug!  Look at that cake!
After lunch, us girls helped out in the kitchen as best we could but it seems as though the dishes got washed off before they went into the dishwasher...bummer!

Tiffy, me, and Maggie
Come on girls, let's get outta here and find some crumbs!
Tiffy and I were partners in crime, and we almost got away with it...  A couple of times the walk-in pantry door was open, and I told Tiffy about all the food that was in there.  So, I'd go over and scratch at the door while Tiffy would be the look out.  She'd come running over when anyone caught on to our plan, but we didn't give up.  Finally someone opened the door and I signaled to Tiffy that we were in!  My mom wishes there were pictures, but Tiffy and I were too sneaky for that!  Our moms will say that there aren't any pictures because they were too busy foiling our plans, but don't believe them!

Tiffy, do you think they are laughing at us?
Not funny moms!  Tiffy and I are going to get together again soon and when we do, we are using plan B...

"bad to the bone" Tiffy
We're going to toughen up and take charge!  The pantry won't know what hit it!

So anyway, after a great afternoon, we all piled in our cars and headed out.  But before we got to our final destination, we made a pit stop...at a Three Dog Bakery!!  We used to have one in St. Louis, but the owner retired.  Salinger knew I was missing it, so he had his peeps take us there!

Salinger, me, and Tiffy with our moms
Isn't it neat that they had a poster with 3 pugs on the window?  We only wished that we had whippy on our heads too!  While inside Tiffy and I played a bit of dress-up.













You know, Tiffy, I think we were duped because this is not the kinda tough we had in mind for plan B!  After we explored every inch of the store, it was time to go...we were late for a party!  Stay tuned for part 2 of my Indy adventure.

But before I say goodbye for now, I just want to say how great it was to hang out at Salinger's house!  His mom and dad and brother were so nice to me and really welcomed my family!  And Sal was quite the trooper with a house full of girls!  I'll leave you with "the many faces of Salinger" slideshow.


Love,
Payton

11 comments:

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Payton
We just loved all the photos you shared! There can never be too many!
What wonderful memories with all of your friends. Yes, so much love.
Wasn't it just the best time ever of getting to look for crumbs,, and gets treats all day long?
I think going to 3 dog bakery would be the funnest thing in the world!
I am so happy you got to have such a good time with Tiffy and Salinger.
And most of all.. I am glad Gammy and Gampy went too! Happy Days!
love
tweedles

Salinger The Pug said...

Hey there Miss P!

Oh boy...we had a FUN time together didn't we??? My peeps and I are SO happy that you had a fun trip and got to meet so many of the Indy Puggers!

YOU, my dear, are such a strong and beautiful Puggy and you have the BEST family that all love you so much! You are quite the lucky girl!

PLEASE tell your people that our guest wing here at TheLazyK is ALWAYS available to you (as long as you bring more of that Volpi meat in a tube!!!! Mom snuck me a taste and NOM NOM!!!!!!)

Love,
S-Dog

Unknown said...

OMD that looked like so much fun and im glad you had alot of pictures to share with us. I love that cake - woo hooo.

Tucker and Lola said...

Thanks for sharing your photos! Did you say sweet potato chips? My mouth is watering as I type.

Kari in Alaska said...

Oh my that looks like it was a real party! So much fun!

Stop of by for a visit!
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Suzy said...

That looks like sooooo much fun!! Smooches to all the puggies xoxo

Pug Slope said...

If I had known all you fine ladies were getting together for some cake, I would have taken the subway to meet you (I think there is a stop for Indianapolis). Looks like you all had a great day together. Payton, that photo of you popping your eyes out in the direction of the cake is hilarious!

You sure scored on that gift bag, too. That raccoon looks kinda like the one I just got for my b-day.

Can't wait to read about the second half of your adventure.

-Love,
Sid.

Tiffy said...

Hi Payton! I had such a great time hanging out with you in Indy. We are truly partners in crime, aren't we? I am working on Plan B so we will not be duped again.

Thanks so much for the goodie bag. Momma won't let me have any of the foodables because she claims I gained weight over the weekend. I told her that I still have a waist but to no avail.

I can't wait to see you again, girlfriend!

Tiffy

Minnie and Mack said...

HI Payton. You asked us about Holiday Card exchange that we participated in last year...well, hu-mom can't remember who hosted it. It wasn't a pug or puggle. The host complied a list of names, emails and snail mail address of those that wanted to join in. Then we sent out cards! We made friends from all over the US! Maybe it's something we can try from pugs and puggle friends? You can email hu-mom at kathy (dot) cooper @ gmail (dot) com.

moPSY+MISIOber said...

On Payton what a day!!!! and what a great adventures ! Love every picture!!!! have two favorite though:) you as a pumpkin and you with your beautiful face ... in the goodie bag:) just too funny :)

Frank The Tank said...

Payton I love all the photos there is nothing cute than a room full of pugs! I can't believe how tiny Tiffy is next to you and Salinger! Wow the cake looks good, did you guys at least get a crumb or two? It was so sweet of Salinger to get you s bag full of those lovely things, you girls were spoiled! I love the hats. Super cute! What a fun time you had! Love and pHUGS Frank x x x x x