Thursday, October 6, 2011

An opportunity to raise awareness

First of all, I must take the time to say thank you to everyone who commented either on my blog or on Wilma’s regarding my Words of Wisdom guest post.  Your kindness and support are so much appreciated.  And of course, a huge shout-out to Wilma herself for allowing me to share more of my story!

As many of you know, the primary reason my mom and I started my blog was to spread the word about Pug Dog Encephalitis.  Just recently, I met a malamute named Rumpy.   

This is Rumpy!
Ok, isn’t that an awesome name?  Anyway, he has a blog aptly titled RumpyDog, and the primary point of his blog is to give animals of all shapes and sizes a place to share their experiences in hope that someone out there will get the information they need.  Rumpy’s family was helped in a similar fashion and they just want to pay it forward.  How great is that!?!  So that’s why I come into the picture.  Rumpy asked me if I’d like to write a short post about PDE, and of course, I jumped at the chance!  Thanks Rumpy!!  In addition to guest posts, there are regular columns, animal interviews, and poetry contests (Noodles and Tweedles, you both would be so good at those!).  Check it out sometime…like today, since you’ll get to see me there! 

Love,
Payton

9 comments:

Unknown said...

We like Rumpydog and follow their blog. I am very excited for you that you get to guest post over there and we cant wait to read it.

Unknown said...

Dear PaytonPuggy, thank you for sharing your story, mommy said the neurology doctors that took care of my sissy Winnie said they do not have enough stories to learn about PDE and they need many more so someday they can cure this awful disease. Thank you also for your kind words and support on my blog for the fact that all the peeps who wanted to take photos with me did not offer me food. I was just noticing you had some McCheesy Pounders the other day. Mommy has never given me one of thems. *steam comes out of Annie's ears and she looks pointedly at her mama* We will haft to remedy that! *blows Payton kissies*
love, AnnieBeeBelly

Noodles said...

Jump, Jump, JUMP -
As we speak . . .
Love Noodles

moPSY+MISIOber said...

oh Payton you are real STAR, and now you are also guest star on so many other blogs, how cool is that?? Maybe one day you will be guest star on my blog with you cute face and very important message ! Love you !Gosia
BTW Rumpy is just too cute :)

Kitty+Coco said...

We will have to check out Mr. Rumpy. He is handsome. Boyfriend perhaps? Uh huh, we see the sparks.

Kitty+Coco

Archie and Melissa said...

hi payton!
oh that is so wonderful!
we loved your post on wilma's bloggie and we cannot wait to read this one too.
you are a special girl!

Pug Slope said...

Payton - you are reaching celebrity status! Congratulations on another guest blog post.

-Love, Sid

Frank The Tank said...

Thank you Payton will check Rumpy out! You are such a wonderful little Pug with wise words and a big heart! Love, Licks and lots if pHUGS from your friend Frank x x x x x

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Payton
I am so excited to read your words over on Rumpys. You and your family can and ARE helping so many other doggies. You are my hero.
love
tweedles