Friday, August 12, 2011

Celebrating cooler weather

We have been so lucky to get a break from this nasty heat wave.  The last few days have only been in the low 80's with cool breezes.  It's been so nice that my dad took me out to dinner on Wednesday!


We went to Sage in St. Louis.  The owners have 2 pugs!  Anyway, we let mom come too.  Here's me trying to get a closer look at what she's eating.


I got a piece of steak!  YUMMY!

And then Thursday morning, my Gammy took me out to breakfast at Murdoch Perk in St. Louis.  Yeah, mom was there again too.


When they weren't paying attention, I grabbed for the plate of bacon...and was successful!  But they stopped me before I could eat the entire strip.  Oh, well.


Now today, my mom tells me that I got an invitation and we are going somewhere, but she hasn't told me any details yet.  I'm excited!  I'll be sure to tell you all about it on Monday.  Have a wonderful weekend!

Love,
Payton

6 comments:

Kitty+Coco said...

OOOOHhh..I wonder where you will be going this time? Payton, you should start a dining review with all the places you get to go. For the record, I think you should have gotten the whole piece of bacon for your sneaky efforts :)

Kitty and Coco

Vito and Gina said...

Oh Payton, we are going to have to try out Sage, we have never been there. And we wish we had known you were at Murdoch Perk! We would have walked on down there and shared your bacon for sure! Next time!

I can't wait to here all about this adventure you went on. It sounds fascinating. Wink, wink. Right now I have to get back to chewing on this awesome toy that someone gave me today. I haven't ripped it open yet - and that's amazing!! I'm trying REALLY HARD.

Later!
Vito

Pug Slope said...

Wow, Payton, you are so lucky you get to go to restaurants. I've only been a couple times and I never got any steak. I'm glad you were able to get a little bacon - way to use those pug paws. I use my front arms for about 90% of my forbidden treat acquisition. I hope you have a great time on your vacation. Looking forward to reading about it. Have a great weekend! -Love, Sid

P.S. Great use of the effective "Well, hello there!" face in photo two - it's no wonder you got a piece of steak for that cute smile.

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Payton you are a lucky gal! Bacon and steak yummy! We can't wait to hear where you are off too,

Hugs
The Girls

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Oh Payton, I cannot wait to hear where you are going ! I wonder if it is far away?
You really did luck out getting some steak, and the bacon! I know you gotta be so fast when you grab something off someones plate.
You must plan in advance,, that you must chew as fast as you can before they try to grab it from you.
Wasn't it so tasty?
Payto, the photo of you and Grammy is so adorables.
Nitey nite
love
tweedles

Winston Wilbur said...

How funs. Can't wait to read more. You are having such a great time.

PS that kinda sucks about not getting the bacon though :(

Winston