Thursday, September 8, 2011

Learning to swim...part 3

I'm still at it!  If you haven't seen part 1 and part 2, check them out.  I guess I've gotten use to swimming every couple of days or so.  Ok, I'm not in love yet, but the constant treat reinforcement is helping to sway me significantly.

Come on, let's go!
The sooner we get wet, the sooner I get some yum yum in my tum tum!
So now that I've been at this thing for a month or so now, here's an important lesson learned.  Even in 100 degree weather, I tend to get cold in the water after about 15 minutes, so the sun is key.  We took down the gazebo/tent and bought a solar pool cover that really helps to warm up the water.

A kiss from mom before we get going.
Look at those waves in the water!  I'm a fast swimmer!
Am I almost done, mom?
For your viewing pleasure, here's another video of me doing laps.


Tiffy, you are right.  When I have my life vest on, I don't move my back right leg hardly at all.  Which I guess is good so that I give the gimpy left one a full workout.  Mom thinks it is because I tend to roll like a log to my left side, so maybe I need to compensate so I don't tilt too far into the water.  Which brings me to the next chapter in my aquatic adventures.

Well, just when I thought it was safe to go back into the water, mom and dad upped the ante.  Prepare yourselves for some nakedness!!  They decided I should try swimming without the vest on!

Mom, are you sure about this?!?
So now, I present to you, Skinny Dipping:


At first it was totally scary!  But mom never let go.  My backside sinks, so she has to keep me a float.  Our new routine in the water is to start off with the vest on, then get naked for some more intense workouts.  I paddle (with ALL legs) much more vigorously without the vest on so it's really good exercise for my whole body.  But mom and dad do give me lots of breaks in between laps...like this...


I don't mind floating around with dad.  It's pretty relaxing.  But I can smell that cookie in Gammy's pocket.  Gimme!  If you don't, I'm going to splash the camera...


See, Gammy, I told you!

Love,
Payton

PS.  Suki had a great idea for a pug synchronized swimming team!  So, any pug with the pink and white vest like ours needs to send me a picture (my email is on my profile page) with their vest on and my mom will put together our team picture!  Gracie and Minnie Moo, I know that you do!  Anyone else?  And we should use Salinger's idea for a swim cap..."swanky pink with a big honkin' plastic flower on the side of it"!

18 comments:

Sabrina PugTails said...

After the summer we had here, I am so jealous of your pool. Look how relaxed you are swimming in your life jacket! I love the captions in your naked video. So funny! Keep up the good work.
Licks,
Sabrina

Mia said...

You look so cool swimming in your pool!! You'll have dancer's legs in no time! I'm going to have to get momma to buy me a life jacket so I can be part of the swim team!!!

Keep up the great work!

~kisses~

Mia

Meredith LeBlanc said...

You are a great swimmer Payton! That looks like fun. Keep up the good work :)

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Hank said...

This is great!!! You are becoming quite the swimmer/skinny dipper!

Good thing you have Gampy around to save you!

Anonymous said...

aww aww aww to much cuteness :) I realy love you Payton, you got the power girl :) !!! Gosia

Noodles said...

Payton you swim so good!!!! I swim too - I can't say I love it but I like it. I always head to shore though. Mommy says I can swim without my lifevest but she feels I am so much safer with it on - unfortunately it is the old style blue and not the pink floral. I'd rather it was pink floral but I totally rock the blue as well.
Love Noodles

Pug Slope said...

Payton you are a fantastic swimmer! We really enjoyed watching your videos - esp the one with the commentary. Glad you found a good sunny spot for the pool so you don't get too cold. I could probably go swimming in all the giant puddles that are everywhere due to all the rain we've been having here.

I'm glad your Gampy and Gammy delivered on the treats - I'd like to meet them as they seem to understand us pugs. -Love, Sid.

Pug Slope said...

Oh, also, I think you should just wear your floatie around the house. I mean, that built-in-head-bolster is sweet. -Love, Sid.

Gracie the Agility Pug said...

I love your videos. Keep 'em coming. You are so brave to swim naked. Yikes!

My mom will get a good shot of me in my pink jacket. She's pretty good at photoshop, so she can help with the synchronized swimming photo, if you want.

Two Pugs in a Pod said...

Heeee! Nice splashing, P!

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Payton you really rock at swimming! we don't swim but maybe someday if it gets warm enough here.

Hugs
The Girls

Southern Fried Pugs said...

You are doing so well! Much better than Isabelle and she's been swimming for years now! You are like a little mermaid out there! We don't have the pretty pink life vests unfortunately, but count us in on the swim team!

Suki said...

Hi Payton,

You're swimming great! Wow, you swim so fast there's a wake.

Looking forward to seeing who all is on our Pug-olympics Synchronized Swim Team.

Hope your ear is feeling better. Maybe you have swimmer's ear.

Hugs,
Suki

Minnie and Mack said...

We love the videos! Mack and I hate the water, but it sure looks like great exercise. Can't wait to see the swim team pix.

drools and licks,
Minnie and Mack

Winston Wilbur said...

OMD looks at you in the water... you go girl!

I have a bright orange life vest and I don't Luvs it much but it does keep me afloat!


Winston

KIPPY MARRIE said...

Amei voce e o blog e suas lindas fotos, principalmente na água. Delícia piscina.
Estou te seguindo e gostaria que voce também fosse minha AMIGA SEGUIDORA ( JOIN THIS SITE ) será um prazer. Terei alegria em ter voce como amiga em meu blog, já sou sua amiga no seu blog.
Venha me conhecer, estou esperando com muito amor.
Aus 1000...

KIPPY

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Payton
I have never been swimming in my whole life! You make it look so fun. You are a brave girl to swim nakeds and stuff!
I loved the video.. I do not know why, but it makes my mommy gets tears in her eyes,, cause she sees so much love for you.... and your such a brave girl!!!! She said happy tears!
We love your grammy and grampy!!!
And yes, I see those big waves.
You rock girl!
The photos are beautiful.
love
tweedles

Salinger The Pug said...

WOW...Tidal waves!!!!

You're a regular mermaid, P!

Love,
S-Dog

Pee S. Mom LOL'd that you mentioned the swimmy caps! HAHAHAAA!