Thursday, September 29, 2011

Deep Thoughts...sleep barking


Remember that nap I said I needed after my full day of DIY shopping and eating?  Well, after enjoying some custard, we all headed back to Gammy and Gampy's and I totally zonked out.  My mom was so excited because she has wanted to catch me on video barking in my sleep for 8 years now, and I finally obliged.  Even though it's a bit embarrassing to show my belly jiggle, I told her she could post it.  (It's dark and blurry.  We...well everyone but me...was watching a movie so most of the lights were off.  And mom was nervous about waking me so the angle isn't very good either.)  Make sure you turn up the volume on your speakers because the barks get more quiet as the film goes on.


So, my deep thought has to do with what I was dreaming about...  My mom is always curious what thoughts would cause such a reaction.  What do you guys think?  Could it be that I'm chasing a squirrel...or my Cuz?  Maybe I'm reliving one of my fun adventures?  Or barking at my parents for not giving me enough food?  I'll never tell.

Love,
Payton

PS.  I've got some good news...my ear infection finally disappeared!  No more drops and no more icky, stinky!  Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers!

14 comments:

Minnie and Mack said...

Mack and I are so happy your ear infection has FINALLY gone away! I'm working on clearing up one now :(. I don't mind the medicine in my ear since Hu-mom rubs my ears when she puts it in and feels sooo good! I think I got mine when I had my last bath and water got into my ears....maybe.

We love your video. I think you were chasing a squirrel!

Drools and licks,
Minnie and Mack

Archie and Melissa said...

hi payton!
oh that is the cutest dreaming ever!

maybe you are singing and dancing in the rain and sounding like water dripping as sound effects!

your video made our day!

we are so glad your ear is all better!

yay!

no more drops in the ear! hmmmm... i wonder if there is a connection between that and your dreaming? :)

xoxoxoxo

a & m

Gracie the Agility Pug said...

I'm so glad your infection is cleared up.

That video is so cute.

Unknown said...

Glad your ear is better now. THat must have been some terrific dream you were having:)

Mocha Barney, Ashley Pumpernickel and Winniechurchill

Minnie Moo said...

I cry out in my sleep too. Who knows what we are dreaming about?!

Hilarious. Glad you're feeling better.

Muah,

Minnie Moo

Pug Slope said...

Hi Payton! I loved your video. My parents adore the dream-bark - it's such a tiny sound - I think they wish my normal barks were that cute.

I do the same thing in my sleep sometimes but my parents haven't been able to catch me on camera because it is a rare occurrence. Do you always bark in your dreams? I usually move my feet and muzzle around and my breathing changes when I'm dreaming. My parents say they can detect when I'm about to start dreaming based on my breathing sounds. And they think I dream about eating because my muzzle twitches.

I think you were probably dreaming about that McCheesy from earlier in the day - and you were just barking for more!

-Love,
Sid
P.S. Glad to hear your ears are all better!

Bruno said...

I bark and run in my sleep. Mom thinks I dream about playing with all the dogs at daycare!

Happy to hear you are feeling better!

Bruno

Tiffy said...

Hi Payton! I think you were dreaming about playing football! You were dreaming you were scoring a touchdown for the Bears and the barks are part of your end zone celebration.

Congrats on getting rid of your ear infection. My ears are starting to bother me again because it's been so wet. I think I need some drops, a big bully stick, and a nice quiet house.

Tiffy

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Dreaming of your Cuz for sure!!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Payton
Congratulations on no more ear drops! The ear is all well,,, YIPPY
I dream like that too,, and so I think you are chasing rabbits!
love
tweedles

a boy a girl and a pug said...

Yeah so glad no more drops. Those are no fun. And we do lots of sleep barking too sometimes so loud we wake ourselves up.

The Devil Dog said...

Glad your ear is better. We had a lot of fun dog piling yesterday. Too bad the sun went away. Lucky and I both bark and whimper in our sleep. I don't know why. Maybe I am in fields of broccoli and I can't get at it. Mom always pets me to tell me I am safe.

Roxy & Lucky

Frank The Tank said...

Hi Payton, I dream bark and dream run in my sleep, my Daddy says I'm chasing rabbits but I don't think I have ever seen one to know what one looks like to chase! I think you are dreaming of your daily adventures...and maybe the food thing! Super happy that your ear infection has gone! Love, licks and pHUGS Frank x x x x

moPSY+MISIOber said...

Oh Payton, first you are too cute and you sleep bark just like my Fredzik !! the sound is exactly the same :) he also does some sleep runs sometimes :) do you also run Payton?? I realy love you :) Gosia