Monday, August 29, 2011

Silly side effects…bark, bark, bark

In the last year or two, the PDE related seizures have left me mostly blind and deaf, particularly on my left side.  It doesn't phase me in the least, but I have started to grow concerned that there is something strange happening to my parents and grandparents.  For some reason, it seems that they don't see me anymore...at the table...waiting to share their food!


Gosh, I'm right here people!  They are more blind than I am!  As such, I've taken to the habit of barking at them to make sure they know I'm there.


I'm sure it's what any of you would do in my situation, right?  Unfortunately, it's not working all that much, so maybe they are going deaf too, but don't worry, I won't give up!  In fact, sometimes you just have to take it to a whole new level.


Come on!  Put that food in my belly!  I try not to be too demanding like this all the time, but you know how it is.  A pug's gotta do what a pug's gotta do!

Oh, many a pug were so impressed that I just lay quietly until my lunch is served in my post last Monday.  Well that is true on lazy days, but on most occasions, I'm in my mom's face at 10 or 10:30 wondering why she is slacking on the food thing.  This has nothing to do with the PDE side effects either...I've done it since my parents adopted me.  Here I am in action - a mild version of my routine.  Make sure to turn up your volume towards the end so you can really appreciate my huffiness.  That is almost as important as the barking...really shows your disdain and disgust.


Did you see those jowls move?  Usually I do much more barking and herding.  Mom had to put carpets in the kitchen cause I'm so spastic (and I trip easily on slick surfaces cause my left legs are gimpy).  Yep, a pug's gotta do what a pug's gotta do!

Love,
Payton

PS.  I am so thankful that all of our east coast friends made it through the storm!  Just goes to show how powerful prayer and the power of the paw can be!

15 comments:

Minnie Moo said...

Payton,

You sound like you're talking to me. Any second there I was prepared to hear you say, HEY PEEPS I'M DOWN HERE! They must be deaf and blind not to notice you!

I think the spastic thing is a pug thing, I get pretty crazy about eating time myself.

You go girl!

Muah,

Minnie Moo

Gracie the Agility Pug said...

Payton, I like your style.

Mia said...

Those are wonderful ways to get attention! I must start using those immediately!! I'm fairly certain that the momma goes blind when it's time to eat as she pays me NO attention!!

~hugs~

Mia

Pug Slope said...

Payton, my parents were laughing out loud at your videos! They also were going on about how I "huff and puff" like you when I'm ready to eat. Parents just don't understand. You're totally right - a pug's got to do what a pug's got to do. I mean, what you are doing is perfectly acceptable behavior if your parents aren't paying attention or preparing your food when you're hungry. I totally get it. Now how do we make the 'rents understand?! -Love, Sid.

P.S. You look so cute in that first photo - you have such nice teeth. My smile is a little lop-sided because I had to get two of my tiny teeth pulled on one side.

P.P.S. Speaking of followup stories - we're all dying to see/read more of your aquatic adventures! I need to show the video to my parents so they get inspired to take me swimming.

Chicas Libelulas said...

Hola Payton!!
We agree with you!! your pawrents are Deaf!! because it is very obvious you are hungry from not eating since a year ago!!!Keep up with the good work!! Love the first Photo,you crazy Eyes like me Spongy, and the huff-puff was the best!!
Bechos
Spongy & Licky

Tiffy said...

What a hoot you are, Payton! Momma thinks you look like a crazy lunatic in the first picture. That's a compliment because not all pugs can pull off this look.

I think my peeps are going deaf, too, because they never hear me cry for food. What the? Maybe when you get hear we can having a crying/barking contest and someone will be sure to hear us.

Tiffy

a boy a girl and a pug said...

You're speaking pug's language. According to him we're so mean not giving him everything we eat on top of all the food and treats he gets!

Suki said...

Hi Payton,

I was in the other room when Mom played your video, I came running at had the head tilt going on and watching you bark.

When it's time to eat, I zip around the house as fast as I can, throw in a few spins along the way. Mom tells me "the natives are getting restless".

Hugs,
Suki

Hank said...

Tee hee hee! You remind me so much of O'Mally - except your bark isn't as obnoxious!

PS I think your parents need a hearing test. ;)

Southern Fried Pugs said...

We need to get video of Isabelle's feed me routine. What is it with deaf dogs being so vocal? Although Isabelle has vision problems too, she can see well enough to know she isn't supposed to be carrying on like a crazy pug.

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Payton you are a great barker...Emma barks all the time too. Her bark is super quite though not like you deep sweet bark.

Hugs
The Girls

Adventures of two Indianapolis Girls said...

I love it! Mom is saying something about spray bottles, good thing my incision is still healing!

Meredith LeBlanc said...

Scarlet twirls and bounces and yodels when it's time to eat. Now, when she's thirsty, she sits on the couch and points to my water glass for me to bring it to her cute little puggy lips.

Paws down, pugs rock!

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Salinger The Pug said...

OMG! That "eat s#it" look on that last video is AWESOME! I'm going to have to try that one out myself!

My...you have a very powerful and DEEP bark! You don't smoke Marlboros by chance, do you???? (hahaha)

I hope your peeps get themselves some new hearing aids and glasses soon....before you starve to death!

Love,
S-Dog

Two Pugs in a Pod said...

Heeeeeeehehe, PAYTON! You have such a deep bark for such a dainty little girl! And your gremlin growl is top notch. :) We also think you have that lip puff thing down to a science!