Friday, July 22, 2011

Flashback Friday...playing with a big dog

It's been quite some time since I played with another dog, but I gained lots of experience when I was younger.  As such, it's only fair that I impart some of my lessons learned.  For illustration purposes, I'll use some flashback shots of my best friend Isabella and I.  (As you might be able to tell, my mom and I have been digging in the old photo album so the picture quality isn't that great.  Sorry.)  Ok, let's begin.

Rule #1:  Don't be afraid to put your head in the lion's mouth.


Although you may want to make sure there are breath mints around.

Rule #2: Show 'em your best moves.


There are few creatures that can keep up with a pug's quick turns.

Rule #3:  Don't let them see you sweat...


...even if it looks like they are gaining on you.  I think this is the only picture of me doing the "butt run" with my tail pointing, ears flapping, and tush tucked under.  Good form, I think.  And don't worry, I was not about to get pounced.

Rule #4:  Stand your ground.


Make it look like you can win, even if that's not the case.

Rule #5: Stay well hydrated.


Rule #6: And take breaks.


Rule #7:  If you fall, bark until you get back up.


And give them a real nasty look while doing so.

Rule #8:  Don't be afraid to ... um ... go a bit crazy.


Enough said.

Rule #9:  Keep up with them.


You never want to trail too far behind or they will think that you are following the leader instead of being the boss.

Rule #10:  Make sure they know anything they can do, you can do...better.


Rule #11:  Rest up for the next skirmish, but be sure to always keep an eye on them in case they start something early.


Hope this helps you on your next play date.  Everyone stay cool this weekend...make playtime indoors instead of out!

Love,
Payton

PS.  Hey girls, I'll see you all at Camp Sunflower tomorrow!  Don't forget to pack your Frogg Togg Chilly Pad/Towel.  It's going to be so hot.  You know, maybe Suki will let us use the air conditioned RV that she went camping in recently.  Oh, and bring some bug spray in case that pesky "bee" comes buzzing around again!  We are going to have so much fun!

11 comments:

Two Pugs in a Pod said...

Crazy Payton! Eeeeee! Your butt tuck form is PERFECTION!

Gracie the Agility Pug said...

Those are awesome pictures. What moves you have.

a boy a girl and a pug said...

oh payton you're just like pug, you're so tough to stand up to those bigger doggies. what a fun playdate!

Minnie Moo said...

That's like a giant dog. But you totally showed that dog who was the pug!!! You go!

Muah,

Minnie Moo

Suki said...

Hi Payton,

When we met in person, you told me all the stories Isabella. I'm so glad you posted the pictures, they are great! Makes me think of my best friend, Brandy. I just wish our bestie's were still with us. We both are so blessed of our time with our Best friends. We created tons of great memories. Ok, now I need to get Mom a kleenex.

I will see you this weekend at Camp Sunflower, it's going to be so much fun! Hopefully I can bring the RV camper.

Hugs,
Suki

Southern Fried Pugs said...

See you at camp!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

These photos and words are just awsome.
You can really move it Payton!
I will see you at camp too
love
tweedles

Pug Slope said...

Payton you are totally cool enough to hang with the big dogs. I'll keep your lessons in mind for the next time I go to the park (I usually hang with the pugs but there are also lots of big dogs there). We just have to wait for this heat wave to break. Have fun at your camp!
- love, Sid

PS Can you show me how to do the butt run? You look like you're flying!

Southern Fried Pugs said...

Hey, Payton! First, you take the image from our blog, we have a Mac so we just highlight the image and drag to the desktop. If that doesn't work, email us at allyramsey at verizon dot net and we'll email the .jpg to you.
Your human makes a list of 7 things about themselves that they want the blogworld to know. And then you pass it on to 7 other bloggers.
Look forward to reading your post!

Salinger The Pug said...

LOVE the Crazy Payton pic!!! HAHAHAA!

I was worried for a minute that the big doggie might mistake you for an eggroll, but it looks like it all turned out ok.

GOOD!

Love,
S-Dog

Vito and Gina said...

HA HA HA! These pics made my Mom & me laugh hard. You really out-ran that big dog! We like the picture of you resting together too. So cuuuute!

PS thank you for our award! Mom will try to tend to that soon!

Later!
Vito